Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom AV kit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, went into Superfi in Birmingham the other day to give some home cinema kits a listen, initially hoping to listen to the Onkyo HT-S6305 be blown away and leave with a big heavy box. Didn't quite happen that way, I ended up listening to a few receivers and speaker combos and favoured the Yamaha RX-V567 and the speakers mentioned in the topic. I've just moved house/started a new job so this is meant to be a present to myself however this kit combo is above my intended budget. Ideally I would wait but the Tannoys are going for £370 reduced from £900. I loved their sound and this seems like too good a bargain to pass up. How long do you reckon that offer will hang around? Should I maybe purchase that speaker pack then wait to get the receiver which is a much more guaranteed purchase? What do you guys think?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Go for the Tannoys great price, nothing around will touch it for that price.Then save for your amp, and you could even add the f4 floorstanders at some point.Just remember you may have to purchase stands and they will cost you at least £50 a pair.Or get some decent brackets.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks lobby, think i'll bite the bullet!

I'll just have to stare at them while i wait until I can justify the money for an Amp/Stands!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
lobby:
Go for the Tannoys great price, nothing around will touch it for that price.Then save for your amp, and you could even add the f4 floorstanders at some point.Just remember you may have to purchase stands and they will cost you at least £50 a pair.Or get some decent brackets.

I agree. The Tannoys are superb value for that money!

erby

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I got them from superfi lincoln a couple of days ago, too good a bargain to miss. I am just waiting for the stands now, they were due today but haven't turned up yet. The wall brackets came so the surrounds are up already. Its frustrating having new toys that you cant play with
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

Ended up going into Superfi again and left with the Tannoy System for £370 a Yamaha RX-V667 for £300 and a free £30 subwoofer cable. Saved at least £650 on RRP :D I was rather chuffed with my negotiating prowess tbh, can't wait to plug it all in!

A

Anonymous

davesbeard:Ended up going into Superfi again and left with the Tannoy System for £370 a Yamaha RX-V667 for £300 and a free £30 subwoofer cable. Saved at least £650 on RRP :D I was rather chuffed with my negotiating prowess tbh, can't wait to plug it all in!

Hi,

Can you pls.post your views on Tannoy F1 & Yamaha667 AVR combo?How is overall sound quality & performance?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

parag:

davesbeard:Ended up going into Superfi again and left with the Tannoy System for £370 a Yamaha RX-V667 for £300 and a free £30 subwoofer cable. Saved at least £650 on RRP :D I was rather chuffed with my negotiating prowess tbh, can't wait to plug it all in!

Hi,

Can you pls.post your views on Tannoy F1 & Yamaha667 AVR combo?

How is overall sound quality & performance?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to reply so late to this! Didn't realise anyone else had posted.

They sound great together, particularly with music actually, and the first time I stuck Lord of the Rings on I knew I'd made the right choice. The room I have them in at the moment is a big echoey modern kitchen/lounge so they don't sound as powerful in the midrange as I remember in the test room but still fantastic overall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts