Tannoy Eyris Theatre Set-up (with pics)

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm demoing these on Saturday, Were nearly £2300 new, up for £799 (before any haggling on my part). Had a proper look at them today, they look quality. The centre must weigh 5 kilos, easy. Big difference from my sony DAV-SC8 all-in-one 5.1 set-up, who's centre weighs about a pound and sounds poo.

If I like them (I think I will), I'm going to match them with an Arcam AVR 280. Maybe not the best endowed amp in terms of features, but that's not a massive factor in my decision making, as i'm after a great sound primarily, not 7 hdmi in, etc.

Opinions, anyone? on the Tannoys or the Arcam? 

A

Anonymous

Where are you auditioning them out of interest, other than the link on your earlier thread I've never seen any other online store stock these. I don't think that anyone has any experience with the Eyris and can't really comment.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
i'm demoing them at a local store 'Steve's Hi-fi'. I hadn't heard of the models either, before I saw them. From looking at the prices that places are still charging for them new, I'm guessing they were fairly high-end. Some online stores are still charging £1200 just for the floorstanders!

ÿ

ÿThe cheapest online store i've found that stocks the whole range is www.wirefreehomes.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS