Tidying my set up

matthewjh

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

My current lounge set up is driving me mad and i'm looking for advice on how to 'tidy' it up.

AVR - Sony 1050, with BDP, Amazon FS, Freeview HDR. Powering B&W 602 S3 Front LR, 600 LCR S3 Centre and 600 S3 rears, AE Radience 8 Sub.

Stereo Amplifier - Leema Pulse, Marantz CD6003, Powering the B&W 602 S3.

I'm using a beresford switch for teh speakers, but its a pretty crude way of doing things.

i'm looking to change the home cinema speaker to these Tannoy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-HTS-101-Gloss-Black-5-0-Speaker-Package-/381769082580?hash=item58e335e6d4:g:FsYAAOSwMgdX1qEe. It would mean i could do away with the overly large cetre speaker taking up room in my cabinet and the large rears.

I can always upgrade later to 7.1 or replace with something better as funds allow.

My concern is the 602 stereo speakers and the tannoys making iot look cluttered from the front

Does anyone have a suitable solutuion?

Matt

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Can you get your receiver to play the AV fronts through the stereo using the zone 2 RCA outs? If so, do that.

Or you could play the stereo sources through the receiver, but the sound almost certainly won't be as good.

Other than buying a new receiver with pre-amp RCA outs, nothing else to suggest.

Sorry.

matthewjh

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Can you get your receiver to play the AV fronts through the stereo using the zone 2 RCA outs? If so, do that.

Or you could play the stereo sources through the receiver, but the sound almost certainly won't be as good.

Other than buying a new receiver with pre-amp RCA outs, nothing else to suggest.

Sorry.
Thanks BA. Would that mean I would need to switch on and set the volume of the Stereo amp everytime I watch TV?

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I split mine up.put my home cinema in my bed room.i managed to put all the wiring though the roof so you couldn't see them and put my av and blu ray in my wardrobe.i have my stereo down stairs.i have kids so this was a great option.if not the tannoys are a great idea.if you have a better budget I would go for the Cambridge audio minx.much smaller so you won't see them and they sound great.i have them in my home cinema

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
matthewjh said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Sorry.
Thanks BA. Would that mean I would need to switch on and set the volume of the Stereo amp everytime I watch TV?
Unless your amp has an AV channel that just makes it play power amp to your receiver, probably yes. But that's a small inconvenience (IMHO) than a room full of speakers.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Tannoy satellites at all. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy surround sound, but your Leema/B&W stereo combo will sound vastly superior to some budget surround speakers, even playing movies.

I was listening to a friend's Naim Superuniti/Ruark Epilogue II system recently playing a movie. Yes, you don't have the same flexibility as an AV receiver, but the dynamics and impact, particularly fo the movie score were excellent and far superior to a budget surround system.

Try it. Set your Bluray player to output stereo PCM instead of bitstream (that way it'll output the mandatory stereo layer instead of the surround mix) and play it through your Leema/B&W's. That does assume that your Bluray player has analogue RCA outputs, which could scupper the above suggestion. Bluray players with analogue RCA outputs are getting rarer at the budget end but are available.

TRENDING THREADS