Tacima mains conditioner

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TrevC

CnoEvil said:
ellisdj said:
The tacima was causing my bryston to shut off during playback for a second with all the leds turning red.

This is because it was creating an inductive load and the amp wasnt getting enough power. Taken the tacima out never done it since. The tacima works perfectly there was no issue with it.

The bryston works perfectly off an isotek titan so it's nothing to do with it running off a conditioner just that the tacina was no good With it.

It also sounded a lot better after as well which is not surprising at all.

It must have all happened in a dream, as it's impossible....apparently.

Yep. Stop imagining things and you'll be fine.

TrevC

DSCF2332_zps6cd6698a.jpg

Perhaps a dry joint like this was causing the Bryston to freak.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I tacima worked perfectly as does the bryston.
It happened as explained and has not happened since

It happened more than once and it's the reason i bought the isotek titan as its a high current designed power conditioner and it doesn't hinder dynamics as far as i have tested

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If anyone is interested i have just broke open an old tacima i have.

Inside is exactly as i thought for each connection ie positive negative earth has a long bar most likely brass that all the plugs share.

The initial filter circuit board wire feeds to these bars.

So the first thing you plug in ie closest to the filter is the first thing that will receive power.

Hence my suggestion to put the most power hungry component in that socket Seems to make perfect sense to me or put the most sensitive to noise cocomponent there If there is no real difference in power consumption

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The problem with flat-earth audiophiles is they contemplate electronics in mechanical terms. Electricity through conductors is not the same as water through a garden hose.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Inside is exactly as i thought for each connection ie positive negative earth has a long bar most likely brass that all the plugs share.

So the first thing you plug in ie closest to the filter is the first thing that will receive power.

Hence my suggestion to put the most power hungry component in that socket Seems to make perfect sense to me or put the most sensitive to noise cocomponent there If there is no real difference in power consumption

Now I know why the lights in my house that are furthest away from the consumer unit are dimmer... all that damn electricity is feeding the closest ones first! You'd think after a hundred years or so of circuit design, someone would have realised!

(Shakes head in absolute disbelief.)

TrevC

ellisdj said:

I think you should avoid thinking.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Seriosly, does one need an EE diploma to know basic physics, considering we all learned those at primary and secondary school? *sad*

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Seriosly, does one need an EE diploma to know basic physics, considering we all learned those at primary and secondary school? *sad*

There are kids leaving school here in the UK that can't read or write so an understanding of basic physics is by no means a given. Plenty of evidence of that in some of the posts on this forum.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
pauln said:
ellisdj said:

Now I know why the lights in my house that are furthest away from the consumer unit are dimmer... all that damn electricity is feeding the closest ones first! You'd think after a hundred years or so of circuit design, someone would have realised!

(Shakes head in absolute disbelief.)

But the lights in my house are just as bright in all of the rooms no matter how near or far.

Ahh. Wait a minute. I see what you did there...

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
pauln said:
Vladimir said:

There are kids leaving school here in the UK that can't read or write so an understanding of basic physics is by no means a given. Plenty of evidence of that in some of the posts on this forum.

So basically all cable believers are hooligans.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts