Tacima mains conditioner

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
" The six-way mains conditioner delivers truly dynamic audio gains. Comparing it's performance to the 'unconditioned' sound, our reference CD/Amp system enjoys greater separation and focus of sound, and greater clarity and confidence in the mid range. Bass is burlier and better integrated, too. In a nutshell? It really does work."

TrevC

Vladimir said:
" The six-way mains conditioner delivers truly dynamic audio gains. Comparing it's performance to the 'unconditioned' sound, our reference CD/Amp system enjoys greater separation and focus of sound, and greater clarity and confidence in the mid range. Bass is burlier and better integrated, too. In a nutshell? It really does work."

The awesome power of placebo!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
Vladimir said:

The awesome power of placebo!

Wow :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got two of them, one for the hifi, one for the home cinema kit. They are black which matches most of my kit and stand - that's the main reason I got them plus they are quite sturdy. look well-made, and of course have surge protection.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Jota180 said:
Is the power supply in your area that 'agricultural' that you frequently get massive spikes and surges?

It is in mine. I use 2 fuse boxes, AVR and UPS. That Tacima is a joke in my scenario.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I do have one & it makes no difference to the sound. But feel better my system is protected in some form. I have bought expensive main conditioners in the past & over time time my system started sounding really bright. Sold it & got the Tacima. For the money really good.

strms

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Only got the one, surge protection is one thing but have I told you the difference that my Merlin ICs make............
devil_smile.gif

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:
Covenanter said:
I took mine out when I refurbished my apartment and have never put it back. No difference.

Chris

So why did you take it out?

I bought a new stand for tv and hifi and it's made from glass. It's very pretty but you can see all the cables. So I bought a nice cable-tidy from Maplin and the Tacima wouldn't fit in it so I used an ordinary one which does.

Chris

SteveR750

I have two. my shirts are much smoother when the iron is connected to it. Sorry Cno, makes no difference whatsoever to me here, other than a big ugly black box and cable that i didn't have before....

Now, what about toslink vs USB...I DO have an issue.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have my TV, BDP and Sky box pluged in to mine.

When I plugged my old CRT into it the clarity of the picture was improved quite a bit. Maybe better for analougue kit and probably makes no difference to digital kit.

I was told they suppress audio dynamics due to the design but I guess they were designed puerly for home entertainment kit but for any aplication.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
I have my TV, BDP and Sky box pluged in to mine.

When I plugged my old CRT into it the clarity of the picture was improved quite a bit. Maybe better for analougue kit and probably makes no difference to digital kit.

I was told they suppress audio dynamics due to the design but I guess they were designed puerly for home entertainment kit but for any aplication.

Same experience here. Noticed a difference on picture stability and less noise in tv picture. Made my amps sound worse though. All things considered I would now buy a good solid mains extender block with surge protection but without mains conditioning. I would recommend to use ferrites for that. If you're feeling flush a seperate mains spur with a good ground connection could be the way to go. Less interference from house appliances.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts