Tacima - anyone else disappointed ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
trevor79:Found the TV had a even better picture plugged into the Tacima, also find it good for low current kit, eg PS3, DVD recorder.

A PS3 is hardly a low current device. I'll wager it uses more electricity than your AV amplifier.

A

Anonymous

It uses a lot less juice than a full class A 200w x 7 Onkyo 875 amp!

It heats the room up well in these cold winter months.

A

Anonymous

I.D.C.:
It's quite an on going debate this one.I am home next week and looking forward to giving this a try along with the clear audio mains cables I ordered. Agree with Trevor in that you can't really go wrong for the price with the Tacima. From reading the many debates on this I am going to run the cd player and pre amp from the Tacima and the power amps from the old mains block. I would like to run the amps from a direct mains feed later from what I have read from you Trevor.. As for the cinema set up I will plug everything into the Tacima. Will the av-amp be ok doing this or will it be best fed off the mains? I feed the dvd into the amp then onto the tv.

I would try it both ways with your AV amp and see how it sounds. Much depends on the degree of contamination of the supply v the high current restriction of the Tacima.
I have dealt with this myself by hard wiring it into a 40A spur wired on a 20A circuit breaker from its consumer unit, then plugging in 2 x BT mains conditioning units which employ Mains capacitors giving a stabilized high current feed to my AV equipment.

As with most things it is addressing the weakest link that gives the clearest benefits.

Hope this helps you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts