Tablified - Spotify for iPad

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
That's two of us listening then!

Have just downloaded it and played with it for 5 mins - looks good so far, any issues being down to lack of familiarity I think. Looking forward to delving into it more deeply as it's been long overdue. Nice to see Spotify's policy towards 3rd party app developers bearing (more) fruit as well.

Clare - could be worse, you could have 16,000 words to write from scratch! Glass Bottle of wine, red pen, soon be done. Good luck with the new venture.

John Duncan

philipjohnwright said:
Have just downloaded it and played with it for 5 mins - looks good so far, any issues being down to lack of familiarity I think. Looking forward to delving into it more deeply as it's been long overdue. Nice to see Spotify's policy towards 3rd party app developers bearing (more) fruit as well.

Its certainly better than the (iphone) Spotify app as it stands at the moment; I like the way search results and subsequent choices (like 'Biography' and suchlike) kind of fan out across the desktop, and you can swipe back to previous selections. In some ways it's rather more attractive than even the desktop client. Give it the ability to manage your playlists and other options like quality and it'd be done. I'd even pay for it :-D

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Works really well John, I like the lay out. So much better than the old iPhone app. Do you think it automatically uses all the preferences set in the normal app?

I am currently in consideration about my source..... now I'm thinking iPad, CA Dacmagic 100 and Id100 would be a killer.

John Duncan

Not sure about preferences, may even be stuck at lower quality streaming (I haven't turned Offline on because I think you're limited to three devices). I doubt it knows anything that's going on on your desktop, to be fair.

As for id100/dm100/iPad; might be a good call, though when I had an id100 to play with it was great with iPods but I feared a bit for an iPad's safety - it doesn't look that supportive of a big waggly thing sitting up and begging on top of it. As it were. Personally, I'd get an Airport Express and transmit to it from iPad using Airplay.

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
So maybe this is why spotify haven't bothered to make an iPad app themselves! This is great, I'm wetting myself about it, thanks for the heads up John!

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the Heads up on that John......downloaded it last night and initial impressions are excellent. It was always a bit of a problem using the Spotify App on an ipad so nice to have a dedicated App for the iPad.

User interface looks good and love the way that you can open additional information like Band Biographies, Associated Artists, Other Albums etc. Not tried the Offine mode yet but I should be OK as I use Laptop, Netbook and iPad for spotify only (dont use my Galaxy S anymore)

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
professorhat said:
john1000000boy said:
Needs iOS 5 though!!! Path. Won't work with my original iPad!!

You can run iOS 5 on the original iPad though can't you?

Not sure Profhat. Went to download it via the app store on ipad and it came up- Requires ios 5??? Is ios 5 available on the old original ipad(never thought i would call my ipad old!!) Anyone any thoughts??

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Chisy1 said:
You can definitely load iOS5 onto original iPad. See the very bottom of this page http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html

I remember reading that multi-touch gestures don't work on iPad1 but that's not why you're upgrading
but make sure you back up EVERYTHING as it will wipe the whole lot. I lost half a dozen apps that I hadn't synced - OK the store let me get them back but it's the aggro...

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Succesfully installed ios 5 on my ipad and got the tablified app. Not sat down and had a proper play yet. Seems pretty slick though!! This now means that i can stream my music from my music on tablified from my ipad to my @tv via airplay??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts