T-amps

Tzutzu

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone of you, guys, has any experience with those class T amplifiers? What speakers would you recommend for them? Do the speakers have to be very sensitive or it doesn't matter? I think the price allows some experiments (just for fun... or music?)

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
With an Amptastic Mini-T I found it works very well within normal listening conditions with speakers at least 90db, with speakers in the mid 80s I fund it horrible. It is all about sensitivity.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
With an Amptastic Mini-T I found it works very well within normal listening conditions with speakers at least 90db, with speakers in the mid 80s I fund it horrible. It is all about sensitivity.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Tzutzu said:
Anyone of you, guys, has any experience with those class T amplifiers? What speakers would you recommend for them? Do the speakers have to be very sensitive or it doesn't matter? I think the price allows some experiments (just for fun... or music?)

Class 'T' amps are really Class 'D' amps - switching output amplifiers. The 'Class T' referred to the first letter 'T' in the now defunct Tripath corp. who popularised the design. Their chipset is still available and is used in many of the low powered small form factor and DIY amps.

Class 'D' is probably the most widely used design of audio amp these days - found in most smartphones and similar applications. It is found in many HiFi applications as well, the amp of choice for active subs, and a number of mainstream manufacturers have class D offerings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts