T amp but what speakers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
letsavit2 said:
They are perfect in size for my kitchen and look pretty good and for £100 they are so much better than the £175 fostex actives I tried before

Interesting. we all have our own tastes. for my money, the Fostex PM0.4n beat out the Marantz PM6004 and BX2 combination, except for bass quantity and depth, which is to be expected considering the size difference. The fact that I run them off a decent source (class A headphone amp with a DAC as the preamp) and have them on stands may have made a big difference.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It may well of been the room I want them in, my kitchen, loads of surface reflection but no soft furnishings. They just had nothing, no base, no treble just sounded dead and all mid. My only and last dealing with active speakers! Yes we all have different tastes.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The Fostex were a bit dull and woolly when I had them on a sideboard. Improved a bit with better isolation, but it was having them on stands that impressed me.

Always disappointing to buy something that doesn't meet your expectations. Glad you are happier with the new speakers.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Right my t amp has come and i have it all connected and playing while I type this. Bloody hell for £155 for amp and speakers my feet are tapping away........need I say more!

ID, sorry mate there is no way the fostex,s come close.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
drummerman said:
Which one of these amplifiers did you get?

regards

In his sig I'd say DM
smiley-wink.gif

" Topping TP20-MK2/q acoustics q2010i"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts