Systemdek IIX 900 speed problem....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. So glad I found this forum. Had a good lookaround and saw a whole number of great threads and info so looks like it is well worth signing up to. Reckon I'll be in here quite a lot from now...

I have an issue with my Systemdek IIX900 tha hopefully someone may be able to help with...

spec - standard motor. RB300 tonearm mounted on the square port of the deck (not the older styled teardrop shaped one). 1 inch acrylic platter (i think that's what it is anyway - bought it 2nd hand. It is definitely NOT the standard half inch glass one....)

It is basically running a little slow. To the average listener, it is not noticeable, but when you play a particular song on vinyl and then play the CD straight after it, the difference is most definitely there. It is nothing drastically bad but I would guess that it is maybe running at 1 or 2 rpm slower than it should. Being a musician and having near perfect pitch makes me notice these things too...

There are no speed adjustments on the deck as the speed is changed by moving the belt under the platter. I was wondering if perhaps removing the whole sub chassis and re-fitting it would help? Perhaps there is some amount of pull frmo the motor to the platter causing it to slow down?

I also have the issue listed elsewhere regarding the belt slipping off when you move it from 33rpm to 45 but I find that by physically pressing down the platter slightly after re-locating the belt to the gear, it allows the belt to settle into place before putting the platter back on.

Any help and advice with the speed issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to you all in advance.

PT.

;)

John Duncan

Sounds like you bought it from me (I added a slightly thicker platter)
emotion-2.gif

Firstly - get a speed strobe disc and check that the speed really is running slow. Whilst it's unlikely, you may find that your CD player is running fast! There's a free one here.

A

Anonymous

It definitely is running slow John - btw - when did you sell yours? I bought this one from ebow a few months ago. Still think it was a total bargain and it blew my RP2 out of the window and my Porcupine Tree vinyl collection sounds amazing on it! (as well as everything else of course...) ;)

I did initially think it was a belt issue as well - not done anything yet but wanted to get a few suggestions and ideas before throwing money at different parts and hopefully resolving it...

Thanks again for the suggestions...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Most it'll cost you to find out is a new belt, smallest bottle of HP90 gear oil you can find, and a syringe to measure out the tiny amount you'll need, having first swapped out the bearing housing with a cotton bud or two.

Belt £20 tops on fleabay...

A

Anonymous

New belt it is then guys! Thank you for all your help and info. Looking forward to finding out more on here..

;)

A

Anonymous

just put a new belt on my tt plus changed the oil as per ahs suggestion and its made a big difference was slow now fine

by the way i used sewing machine oil dont know what the difference would be with hp90

thanks jd and ah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts