system upgrades

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
hi all

i,m in need of some advise from all you clever guys/gals out there.

my current av system consists of old samsung bd player onkyo 577 amp and tannoy sfx 5.1 speakers with cambridge audio micro cable and ixos hdmi cables. i have to say the sound i recieve is good quality and fairly loud, but i know i can get better.

? is do i change the speakers or the amp cables or just the whole thing? any and all inspiration is welcomed

cheers

A

Anonymous

Budget?

your amp and speakers and wire could be better, but do you want floorstands or bookshelf? or something like kef eggs

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for your reply guys.

i dont really want floor speakers as little hands tends to pull at them so i guess bookshelf speakers would be best.are these wall mountable?

in terms of performance i,m looking for a richer deeper sound if that makes sence.as for the budget it depends on exactly what i need to buy

cheers

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
audioidiot1:
thanks for your reply guys.

i dont really want floor speakers as little hands tends to pull at them so i guess bookshelf speakers would be best.are these wall mountable?

in terms of performance i,m looking for a richer deeper sound if that makes sence.as for the budget it depends on exactly what i need to buy

cheers

For £250.00, the QA 1010i 5.1 would be my choice, unless your budget goes higher.

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
hi ronald thanks for your input

i,m happy to spend £700 or more if i really need to. can i keep my amp and change my speakers/cables for this kind of money

cheers

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
audioidiot1:
hi ronald thanks for your input

i,m happy to spend £700 or more if i really need to. can i keep my amp and change my speakers/cables for this kind of money

cheers

I would change everything, certainly the cables.

At this price you really have quite a few choices, although my money would be on the Monitor Audio BR2 AV @ £650.00 (E-Bay Item No: 380287847415).

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
audioidiot1:
thanks ronald

like the look of them. what cables/amp would you recomend with these

cheers

All dependent on budget again - speaker cables are per metre etc....HDMI - VDH Flat, Chord Supershield, QED Performance..

Amp - Sony STR-DA2400ES, Denon AVR-1910, Onkyo TX-SR607 (depending on the type of sound you prefer and budget)

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
can i keep useing my ixos xht458 hdmi cables?. as for sound i prefer rich deep sound with bass. i don,t really have a preference on amps cos i don,t really know to much about them.

is the qed xt evolution cable any good?

TRENDING THREADS