System upgrade advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently using a Rega Brio amp, Arcam CD73 cd player cw Chord Cobra 3 interconnect, Rega Planar 2 turntable cw RB250 arm & Rega Elys cartridge, B&W 602 S2 speakers on Atacama stands (both tweeters replaced 2 years ago after they were pushed by nephews little fingers), Chord Carnival Bi-wire speaker cable.

I play mainly cds (hardly touch vinyl now) and would like to improve my system and I'm thinking about changing the speaker cables first then possibly the speakers after that. Am I doing this in the right order or has anybody got a better solution?

I'm fairly happy with the sound at the moment although I'd like the bass a bit tighter and the treble a bit smoother. I got a loan of some Chord Rumour Bi-wire cable and it was noticable better, but I don't know if the money would be better spent on something else.

Thanks,

Martin.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Martin
I think you have a nice system there, a balanced between warm-ish arcam and slightly bright B&W. If you are looking for noticable improvment I afraid changing Cables is not gonna be a solution!
I would change speakers first, if you after a warmer sound with more bass then dare I suggest Rega R3 for around £450 -£500.
From my experience, the Rumour is not a big upgrade from Canival (I am surprised you think they are noticable better but if you like warmer sound go for pure copper cables like DMN. regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts