System Upgrade Advice Please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not being massively knowledgeable on matters Hi-Fi, I thought I would ask for some views on what to spend some cash on to upgrade my current system. All opinions gratefully received!

Current System:

Amp: Rotel RA930-AX

CD: Rotel RCD930-AX

Tuner: Denon TU1800-DAB

Tape: Yamaha KX-390

Speakers: Kef Coda 7

Ipod Connect: Russ Andrews Ultra Plate Phonos

Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary with QED Airloc terminations

Interconnects: Non branded

My main focus is on Amp and Speakers as most of the music listened to will come via my Iphone and I use the DAB radio a lot as well.

Looking to spend around £300-400 on each, either new or find an ebay bargain from the £600-£700 range.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

You could look into the Creek Evo 2 amp from Shadow Audio at £499.

For source, what about buying a DAC like the Cambridge Audio (£230) or Musical Fidelity VDAC (£140)? Unfortunately your CDP doesn't have a digital out (according to the manual) so you'd have to find another unit to provide input to a DAC, perhaps a DVD player. A DAC would then let you connect other digital sources too, like a computer, etc.

Alternatively, you could hunt out a matching Creek Evo 2 CDP.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions igglebert, excuse my ignorance but why do I need a DAC?

corrias

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Also you should look in to spending a little bit of money in your interconnects, even £20 goes a long way and can bring out amazing sound from you existing components.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts