System Evolving

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site

My stereo system so far... lives in the bedroom. 6vs2 as a pre-amp, 6 power, discmaster 8qx, MA GS stands, MA BR2 speakers... Next thing to buy is a more appropiate pair of speakers... probably Dynaudio dm 2/6

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Looks great. And I bet sounds great too. Although I think the Dynaudios Will make make it even better. A lot of Cyrus owner choose Dynaudio for their setups

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Nice looking system, there is something so pleasing about a simple set-up and I love the stand arrangement. if its logistically possible try plugging the amps (particularly the power amp) directly in to a wall socket and see if it sounds better.

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the kind comments everyone... system sounds nice 75% of the time. I do like the BR2s don't get me wrong but they are now the weakest link.. I feel they don't quite have the refinement to tame the (foward and detailed) cyrus sound.. the system can edge into brightness with some recordings. At any rate the BR2's are "borrowed" from my BR AV system downstairs (BR2's, BR1's, BR CENTRE, BR SUB) so I won't be selling them.

Also on the lookout for a second-hand pre-vs2, having heard that a dedicated preamp sounds a fair bit better than using the 6vs2 as pre. Also I'll be able to sell the integrated at that point to recoup most of the cost.

Will definitely try plugging the 6 power straight into the wall (although it's over 4 metres, so the cable will have to be a cheapy)... have heard about conditioners "strangling" the power sections before... although the system is definitely not short on dynamics or punch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts