system around the Epos Epic 5 loudspeakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ddd

Is this system a good match for the Epic 5 speakers: Marantz CD6004 CD Player + Marantz PM6004 amplifier I think an obvious choice would have been : Creek Evolution 2 CD player + Creek Evolution 2 amplifier, because of the synergy between the Epos and Creek brands, but I prefer the amplifier to have tone controls, which are missing on the Creek line

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I had a Creek Evo 2 amp/CDP Epos M22i combination, and that was a mighty fine combination. I've not heard the Epic 5 speakers but I believe they are very good. The guys at Doug Brady Hi-Fi reckon they are the best floorstanders under £1k they stock.

Whenever I've had an amp with tone controls I've never felt the need to use them, and certainly never felt the Evo 2 was lacking anything with having no tone controls.

A

Anonymous

I can't comment on the Creek products, but thought I'd add my bit. I've had the Epic 5's since Christmas and they are brilliant. I had thought my previous stand mount speakers were good but these are on a whole other level. I'm amazed there's virtually nothing on the forum about the speakers but you will not be disappointed.

I run them through an Audiolab 8200A, which I got basically brand new from Ebay but for half price. People don't seem to be interested in the amp, so there's lots of very good deals going on. It seemed a no brainer, and was a significant step up from my Marantz 6002 amp before.

The combo sounds fantastic - to the point where I can't see why I would ever need any other hifi..... (except to upgrade my source....) I now understand what people mean by sound stage, it's fast, detailed and the bass is punchy and really deep. It's revealed layers to music I didn't now where they before.

good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ntucker for your comments.

I currently have the Bowers & Wilkins DM 602 S3, speakers not longer in production. I hope the new Epic 5 will be an improvement over my current setup, which also includes a Sony FA5ES amplifier, to be replaced by a Marantz PM7004.

I wish What HiFi made a review of the Epic 5, an speaker also virtually absent from this forum.

A

Anonymous

ntucker,

what cable do you use for the Epic 5 speakers ?

A

Anonymous

Hi. Not logged on for a while. Had the cable years - Chord Carnival Silver I think, biwired.

A

Anonymous

First of all, one must take some time to research and analyze your business requirement and choose an Restaurant Point of Sales (epos) system accordingly. Take a look at all available epos solution system in market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts