System 4 Sonus faber Cremona floor standing speakers

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys i posted on here a few weeks ago about gettin a 2 channel or Av amp 4 my speakers. I have been 2 shops & had a listen to so many systems. Very disappionted. Most of the systems sounded thin & bright. The Hifi industry has gone wrong somewhere. I mean i was listening to systems 10grand & above.

How did this happen?... With so much sibilance in vocals. I wish some of these so called hifi shop retailers can come 2 a recording studio & have a listen there. The results of what i was hearing was shocking. Well not to say there are not good hifi shops out there, but few & inbetween. Not naming names but this are very well know hifi shops.

My active speakers at home sounded far much better than those systems i heard. I brought the sonus faber speakers cause i liked the sound of them, & like the laid back & full sound. I have been to so many recording studios & heard so many life instrument & there don't sound so thin like there did with the systems in the hifi shops.

It seems to me that most people have come 2 aspect & embrace this kind of sound.

The only system i have yet 2 listen 2 is Quad & linn amps. So far the only amps i liked was Acram AVR600 & unison amps.

Actually i first heard the Sonus fabers with a unison amp. I think may just stick with it.

The search contuines.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Try a Quad 909 power amp ... it's end of line (therefore some good deals) and might have the old school sound you are looking for. Good bass, brilliant mid range and not too trebly.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Actually most of the names mentioned here i have yet to try. Putting these on my list now. Thanx guys. will do a home audition nxt time if possible. Will get back to ur let u know the results. Thanx 4 suggestions.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Copland make excellent amps and CD players, but, like Electrocompaniet, pricey. Only heard the CD player, and that was outstanding - full, detailed, musical, but sadly way outside my budget.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for Electrocompaniet they are superb amplifiers and do everything very very well and should last a lifetime due to the fantastic build quality .

Believe me you will never regret buying any Electrocompaniet amplifier and they will drive the Sonus fabers to their maximum potential or any other speaker you use !

The only way to tell is to listen for yourself with the sonus fabers , but I don't think you will be disappointed :)

Electrocompaniet amps are used in many recording studios to record and master music .

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/pro/

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you have received some great suggestions above. The only other brands that I would add are - Icon Audio, Pure Sound and Sugden.

I seem to remember mentioning how surprisingly good the AVR600 is for 2 channel on your last thread....IMO. It should be used as a benchmark for whatever amp you get.

Your assessment of how a lot of modern kit sounds, certainly rings a chord with me.

I hope you find what your looking for, as the SFs certainly deserve it.

Cno

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanx for your addition. Thought i was hearing things for a moment. I have called round some Hifi shops today & will be doing some auditioning tomorrow. Will come back with my findings. Thanx again Guys

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Oh qiuck question. I have got cambrigde Audio 840c as my source. Does it matter if i use the balanced or unblanced output. Should i been look 4 amps with balance inputs.? Would i get better sound using balance output.

Most of the stuff we use in recording in the studio uses balanced inputs & output. Dont sure if this will make any difference in sonud Quality. Cheers.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Oh qiuck question. I have got cambrigde Audio 840c as my source. Does it matter if i use the balanced or unblanced output. Should i been look 4 amps with balance inputs.? Would i get better sound using balance output.

Most of the stuff we use in recording in the studio uses balanced inputs & output. Dont sure if this will make any difference in sonud Quality. Cheers.

If you decide to go for an Electrocompaniet amp then definitely a big YES to using balanced interconnects . I am sure some people will tell you that it makes no difference unless you are using very long cables but my experience has taught me that it makes a substantial and worthwhile improvement to sound quality when using Electrocompaniet amps because they are fully balanced from input to output .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts