Synology NAS - DS416Play Vs DS916+ ??

robder

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi - I'm about to invest in a NAS drive and having researched on here, the Synology seems to be the best option.

I should note that I'll primarily be using the Synology to link up with a Sonos system to play music directly from the drive without the need for a laptop. As I'm new to all this, I've literally no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to such things.

DS416Play Vs DS916+ ??

Question 1: What does the 'play' part mean and will the 916+ model be more powerful? (I'm told it has a better processor or something - whatever that means!)

Question 2: Is this Bluetooth enabled and will it stream directly to the amp? Is a router needed?

Thanks!

R.

I believe you've asked this question before, you could've continued in the same thread.

Anyway, here's the difference between the two.

As I said in the other thread, the D416Play is suitable for your needs. You do not need the extra features of the 916+; you'll never use them.

The "Play" series is more focused for media purposes. Check this, also check the video in that page.

To answer your second question, it is not bluetooth enabled. You don't need bluetooth. Connect both the amp and the NAS to your network, and the amp will find it automatically (providing your amp has network features). Your Sonos will find it automatically. NAS is "Network Attached Storage", so yes, a router is needed.

robder

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
On routers - I'm guessing any old standard wireless router will do? I don't need anything fancy here do I?

Comparison info massively helpful - thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts