Surround sound system for PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I am new to this and this is my first post so please begentle!

Could anyone please give me some advice on what 5.1 speakerand receiver to buy. Right now I have got a Playstation 3 which is hooked upwith a HDMI cable to my 42 inch Sony 1080p TV.

I want one that is reliable and works with greatcompatibility with the PS3, my room is approximately 6m x 6m. Please take into account that themax I want to spend is 350-450.

When researching for myself I have read a lot of positivefeedback on Jamo’s A102 series

A

Anonymous

There are a few of the packages similar to the one you mention but a great starting point would be something like the q acoustics package shown here :http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/3676
Then you could couple it with a reciever either second hand from eaby maybe or a SONY STRDH800 which if you can still get hold of one should be around £179, richer sounds rings a bell so you could try there maybe that will still eave you a bit for cables like 'thatcable' hdmi and some speaker cable too.

A

Anonymous

I would go over budget at that rate, i am completely new at this, and am not sure how to connect everything together.

How would i connect the amp, speakers, ps3 and TV using HDMI and other cables?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Very simply, so long as you get an amp with an HDMI input and capable of decoding HD audio (which the Sony STR-DH800 mentioned by Paul does), the PS3 is connected to the amp via HDMI and the amp connects to the TV via another HDMI. Each of the speakers connects to the amp with speaker cable.

And that's it!

A

Anonymous

Just heads up that the fat old style ps3 cant pass through HD Audio such as DTS-HD or TrueHD as it only has HDMI v1.2

The newer slim models can though

This would be a good deal if you wanted something for £300

alfredd

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Just a small correction. The only thing the older PS3 cannot do is output HD Audio via Bitstream to your AV receiver. It pretty much does everything else alright. As long as you have an AV receiver which decodes HD Audio and has HDMI inputs, you should be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts