Surround Sound questions: Bose and Boston Soundware XS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have just moved house. In my old house I used to have a Bose Acoustimass 6 Serie II Home Theatre Speaker System, which was great, however, in the move, the speaker cables have been lost. [:(] Not only that, but the house I have moved into has already got speaker wire embedded in the walls, so even if I had the Bose cables, I'm not sure how I would connect them.

So the first question I guess I have is, is there anything I can do with the excellent 5 Bose speakers I now have, or are they effectively pretty paper-weights??!

Second question, assuming I can't make use of my Bose speakers (gutted), would the Boston Soundware XS be a good alternative (the review here seems to rave about them). My reasoning is that a) I can't really afford to buy the Bose system all over again and b) if the speaker wire is already in the walls I think a simple surround sound system may be an easier option for installing.

Thanks in advance

M

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Can you not contact dealer/bose and get new cable for your existing system?? Seems a bit excessive buying new speakers just because you have no cable!! Ebay?? It sounds like you enjoyed the bose system?!!

A

Anonymous

john1000000boy:Can you not contact dealer/bose and get new cable for your existing system?? Seems a bit excessive buying new speakers just because you have no cable!! Ebay?? It sounds like you enjoyed the bose system?!!

John is spot on, I had the same problem after moving, as I burried my cables in the wall of my old house.

I contacted my local dealer (practical Hifi at the time) and they order me a new set of wires, and they where relatively cheap, considering the cost of a new system.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
themitch,

Just get the speaker cables and continue enjoying your Bose, as you clearly do.

These are always available on E-bay, as Andrew Everard has pointed out.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies. So the consensus seems to be to get a replacement set of Bose cables. I already emailed Bose and they have replied saying they're available for £63 all in - which does seem extortionate.

The question is how can I get the Bose specific cables to work with the wires already in the walls? Am I being thick?

Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Sadly no conduit, the wires seem to be well and truly embedded in there.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hey there. It does seem a lot of wedge for the cables. However the loss will be far greater if you just toss the bose into the loft and then buy another speaker package. Or to save more money a hearty tug on the end of the cable.... Watch the plaster board though!!!! Now that would be costly!!

TRENDING THREADS