Surround sound from TV?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

hi, i am a bit thick when it comes to this kind of thing, but the sound from all speakers seem to be on at the same time, if there is say just one person speaking it comes through all 5 speakers, is that how it should be?my system is not new its a sony dav s 800 not very powerfull, seems a bit bland, i have never balanced it, it looks a bit to complexed to me on reading manual. I have had it a few years now , so its getting on a bit like me! I hope you can understand what i am trying to say. as a sales assistant told me the sound should not come out all the speakers at the same time.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
No he's absolutely right, dialogue should come out of the centre front speaker (unless the speaker is off-screen, then it could move).

Unfortunately without seeing your setup I can't think of any reason why this should happen, I can't even think of a sound mode that would cause this. The only thing that springs to mind is if you had all 5 speakers wired into the same speaker terminals but you wouldn't do that I'm sure. Not sure how the amp would cope with that either...

I presume this happens regardless of what you're watching?

A

Anonymous

my son inlaw set it up, i will blame him! i am off out now. i will look into it. thanks for advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts