Surround Sound Connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current setup is Panasonic TH37, Panasonic home cinema 5.1, XBOX 360. XBOX is connected to TV by component and optical to home cinema. TV is connected by HDMI to home cinema. If I was to get a Panasonic DB35 Blu Ray player how would I get 5.1 from the Blu Ray player as there is only one optical connection on the home cinema system?

Also, as my TV is not 1080P is it worth getting a Blu Ray player, will I notice a big difference in picture quality?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
To connect up your Blu-Ray, you will need one of these - allows you to switch between different optical inputs.

As to whether it's worth it, only you can decide but most people here who've tried have noticed a decent improvement in picture quality, even on 720p (myself included). However, one of the other big factors is the improvement in sound so, if you have the means, I'd also look to see if you can upgrade the sound system at some point in the future to one which can handle the HD audio formats.

A

Anonymous

We have Sony 350 connected to a 36" CRT and have noticed an improvement in terms of picture quality. It has also improved the picture quality of dvd's as well. This could be because it's a better player than our existing dvd player. I would say go for it if you buy a few movies. There are always bargains to be had. Also if your'e buying films on BD now you won't be in that position that when you do upgrade to BD you'll want to buy movies again. Thats why I jumped at the chance to upgrade when I did.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts