'Superstars'

Gray

Am I the only one here that has never heard Taylor Swift sing?

She certainly seems popular - not that that means much - many of the old singers rated by many as superstars are really nothing special.

Which singer(s) do you think have traditionally been wrongly labelled as superstars?

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Just a few to kick off: Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Celine Dion. None of them are especially good when heard live... I would add 'later' Whitney Houston to this as well.

Never heard Taylor Swift either, but then my music taste switched off around 1990.

Reactions: Gray

jjbomber

Am I the only one here that has never heard Taylor Swift sing?

She certainly seems popular - not that that means much - many of the old singers rated by many as superstars are really nothing special.

Which singer(s) do you think have traditionally been wrongly labelled as superstars?
Quite a few on here have never heard her at a guess. Add me to the list.

I’ve never seen her live, but several times on telly. She was going the headline at Glastonbury, but that was in 2020 which Covid-19 put the mockers on. She is a proper singer-songwriter though.

I’m pondering a late night to see some of the NFL, but I gather she’s dating one of the players.

I can’t honestly think who has been wrongly labelled, but I’m curious now when we began to say ‘superstar’. It wasn’t around in The Beatles days I’m sure.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I recently deleted the last album of hers that I still had in my collection of FLAC files -Evermore. But I regularly delete albums from my collection.

I liked her early work; then she became POPULAR. I still like, and even admire her.

She is not "super" to many, like any other performer, but I can't think of a single way that Taylor Swift is not a "superstar". I'm sure that by the evident behaviors and senses of millions, and some objective measures, she is the biggest ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano and Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts