Suitable Turntable with built-in Phono Stage to pair with Marantz M-CR611

JohnK

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
I'm trying to advise a friend who is looking to buy a turntable for her husband's birthday. He has a Marantz M-CR611 Network CD Receiver which as far as I can tell does not have a Phono Stage for a turntable. My thoughts were that he could pair it with either a Rega Planar 1 Plus or the Project Essential 3 Phono Turntable as both have an integral Phono Stage. Price point is up to £350 so either would be ok from a price point of view. Should he at some point buy a separate AMP which had a Phono Stage would it have to be the Project as I see you can turn off the Phono Stage? Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm assuming either of them would be plugged into the "Analogue In" socket on the back of the Marantz. Cheers

D

Deleted member 108165

Hi John. Personally I'd go for the Project as it has adjustable VTA and bias, I don't think the Rega has either of these adjustments so you're stuck with Rega carts. No need to buy a new amp just go with the phono stage in the Project for the moment, if your friend ever feels the need to upgrade then most Japanese separates amps have decent phono stages. You are correct regarding the connection from the turntable to the M-CR611.

Reactions: sonic1 and Al ears

JohnK

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi John. Personally I'd go for the Project as it has adjustable VTA and bias, I don't think the Rega has either of these adjustments so you're stuck with Rega carts. No need to buy a new amp just go with the phono stage in the Project for the moment, if your friend ever feels the need to upgrade then most Japanese separates amps have decent phono stages. You are correct regarding the connection from the turntable to the M-CR611.

That's excellent...thanks for the advice. John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts