Subwoofer

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Alright people. Ive just been given a active subwoofer (wharfedale sw150) it sounds good but not great its humming a bit when talking voices (not on vocals) never had a sub but al take a free-bee any day. Do you think this crossover need's adjusting on the back its 35% to 85% im on 75? My its running of is a onkyo a9050 :)

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Crossover depends on amp setup and speaker choice. 80hz for most but ajust for taste. A hum suggests a problem with the amp or maybe intereference. Are your cables shielded or running too close to mains? All earths ok? If its a freebe rhen enjoy it until u can buy better if u feel it adds to the enjoyment of yr system.

scene

How are you connecting your sub to your amp - I'm thinking what cable are you using. I seem to remember an issue with some Chord sub cables where if the plug seemed to cause a hum if pushed in too far...

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry mate i was wrong its not a hum it was like a flat bass noise when the radio dj was talking and there was no music playing in the back ground. I think i might of had the sub volume to high. Just been tweeking and now sound pritty good. Thanks for the crossover idea as i dont no if set small or high. I just had that maxed out to lol onkyo a9050 + c7030 + t4030 dab & wharfedale 10.1 pritty good budget gear :) cheers

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I was rong about the hum its more like a flat bass sound when only talking is on the radio sorted it now sub volume was to high. Sub cable of amazon a cheap fisual £6.50

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Any one no of any decent budget cables. Im happy with the two cambridge audio 300s coaxial i use but could do with replacing my £6.00 sub cable and £5.00 optical. And speaker cables a strange one knukonceptz pure ofc ultra flex 12awg £22 for 15m any no of this brand?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts