Subwoofer under £400

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I need help in selecting a subwoofer.

I have a pair of DALI Ikon 6 speakers and a Marantz SR6003 receiver. I am planning to update my stereo setup to a 5.1 system and would like to know which subwoofer would be good for this system.

I was thinking DALI subwoofer would be a natural choice but I heard DALI is not known for its subwoofers and also they are not good value for money.

My usage will be 50:50 music and movies, and the subwoofer should sound natural with punchy, tight bass.

Please recommend me a subwoofer under £400. I don't have any specific preference for brands though I have read reviews about two subwoofer so far - Velodyne impact 12, DEF Tech PRO SUB 1000. I haven't auditioned them yet and would like to know if what other choices are available.

Thanks in advance.

- Max

A

Anonymous

The BK XLS400 is supposed to be "better" than the Monolith if you are using your system for 50% music, 50% films. It's slightly cheaper than the Monolith as well.

There is an online review on another av forum if you are interested. (Mods - apologies if I am not supposed to say this)

A

Anonymous

mephistophelean:
The BK XLS400 is supposed to be "better" than the Monolith if you are using your system for 50% music, 50% films. It's slightly cheaper than the Monolith as well.

As opposed to waht percentage of music / cinema? I ask because I'm currently considering a monolith-df in gloss black :)

A

Anonymous

I think the review essentially said - mostly movies: go for BK Monolith. Otherwise go for XLS 400. Please bear in mind I may be misreading the review as you probably need to read it for yourself. I think the complicating factor is that the Monolith if used with a sub correction device would make it better with music. However, this is an additional expense.

A

Anonymous

A friend suggested Velodyne CHT 10Q. Though I don't see too many reviews on the net. Has anyone used/auditioned it?

TIA

Max

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Just wanted to ask what is a sub correction device, and what types are available? I did a quick google but didn't find anything.

A

Anonymous

REL T1 on sale at sevenoaks for £350 is quite simply stunning at the price. It retails £650 new.

TRENDING THREADS