Subwoofer recommendations

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Have seen the KEF subs on Ebay ( the 2500 and 3500), Has anyone any experience of these and are they good for the money, ( £200 and £300 respectively). I have KEF surround package made up of IQ5SE fronts, IQ2c and IQ1 rears. Am I better sticking with a KEF sub, or anyone other recommendation for around £ 300 - £400 ??????? Helpppppp

A

Anonymous

I totally agree with Pioneer7's suggestion. I just bought the BK Monolith to replace a Kef psw2500 sub that became faulty. They have a common complaint with some relays in the amplifier section that burn out. Kef have quoted me around £120 to replace the relays, though I presume someone handy with a soldering iron could do it for much less.

I'm still working on the setup for the BK, but first impressions are excellent. I've even decided to use it in place of the Rel Strata that I used to use for music duties (I kept the Kef for surround sound only).

By the way pioneer7, do you have your BK set up with both high and low level connections simultaneously? If so, how did you go about setting up the crossover point??

A

Anonymous

Yep BK is the he way too go! you could have a look at the BK xls300 if the mono is too big

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts