Subwoofer recommendations for Acoustic Energy Aego T set-up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just managed to get a great deal on 5 aego T speakers and was wondering what subwoofer would be recommended to integrate with these.

i can get a Acoustic Energy Radiance 240v. sub for £200, would this integrate well/ better than the aego T subwoofer as i can also get that for £200, otherwise any other recommendations.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I was looking in to the possibly getting an Acoustic Energy Radiance 240v myself at that price to replace my ageing Paradigm PDR10. I think you will find it is a replacement for the Ageo T series so it should intergrate well with the other speakers you have purchased. Hopefully AEJim will pick up on this thread & clue us in.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys, technically any decent sub should work well with the Aego T's, they were designed to be crossed over at 80hz (they naturally extend a little lower but this aids them in having good output at 80hz) and most subs will have the capability of doing that.

The Radiance sub is far better than the Aego T one and is technically the same as the Neo sub reviewed in this month's WHF, both offer far more tweaking options than the Aego T one as well as that only had a volume control (the intention being that you would set the crossover with an AV amp - not ideal for stereo use though!)

The actual Aego T replacements are going to be the new "Compact" series featured in the news part of the site, a little more traditional "Hi-Fi" in terms of appearance they will also have a very neat sub to follow later in the year - 28cm sealed-box cube with remote control (this is 99% confirmed but still in the R'n'D stages!).

For pure performance from our range I'd go with the Radiance/Neo sub, though as I said any good sub will work as long as the crossover is set correctly...

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thankyou for the quick reply Jim, any size specifications WxHxD, does it have Auto On-Off & LFE in on the Acoustic Energy Radiance 240v? as i could'nt find any on the website.

Thanks ..Paul

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Here you go, noticed the tech spec is still from the site set-up page on the Radiance sub - will get on that! Here's the info from the Neo page (it does have Auto on/off and LFE) -

Type: Closed-box, active subwoofer

Driver: 220mm pulp cone with 48mm thermally bonded voice coil, High-power long-throw magnet system

Low Frequency Cut-off: -6dB @ 26Hz

Amplifier: 200 Watts into 8 Ohms

Low Pass Filter: Variable 2nd order, 45Hz to 150Hz

Phase: Variable 0 to 180

Notch Filter: Variable Frequency 40 to 100Hz, Q:1.5 to 5.0, Level: 0dB to -12dB

Dimensions: (HxWxD) 410 x 360 x 325 mm

Weight: 17kg (Single unpacked)

A

Anonymous

Jim,

Thanks for the advice. As you can guess we are looking at the sub available from the outlet site on a popular auction site. Do you have any idea how bad the cosmetic damage is on these units?/ Are we talking large dents to the units or more like hairline defects. Again thanks for your help here Jim.

A

Anonymous

I have the Radiance form the outlet.

On close inspection, you can see its B grade, but its a sub - hardly the centre piece of furniture (my opinion). No dents or nasty scratches, just not 'perfect'.

The great thing about AE products is the support. I had a problem with my sub but it was human error that was corrected over the phone. The sub was the first AE product i have bought, but would certainly audition other productsfrom them if the situation were to arise.

I defy anyone to get a sub as good for the B grade money!

Matt

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Having purchased a Radiance sub from a well-know auction site a few of months back, I can confirm that there doesn't seem to be any cosmetic damage to mine. It looks tip-top and performs extremely well. In other words, a genuine bargain... Other forumites attest that their B-stock Radiance subs show no sign of obvious cosmetic damage as well.
emotion-21.gif

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
No worries, I don't want to stray too far into the retailing side here really as it's rightly not allowed - The B-Stock is variable but it's never bad damage, we simply would strip that down for spares. It's usually a minor surface imperfection of some kind, I would give the number a call and discuss it with one of our Sales team if you're interested - I expect I will incur Mr Everard's wrath if I go into more detail! (if I haven't already said too much!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts