Subwoofer recommendation

Cpt.Issues

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Good evening all,

I'm after a budget subwoofer (approx £200) with a decent, deep, flat frequency response, doesn't have to be loud, for use with music (as opposed to films), room is 10ft x 13ft and the system it will be used with compromises of a Roksan Kandy KA-1 Mk3 amp and pair of stand-mounted B&W 602 S3s.

Any suggestions?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
At that sort of price point, I'd look at the second hand market - most subs under £200 aren't going to give you much over what you're already getting from your 602's, and most won't be particularly flat either. If you're after a flat frequency response, look out for sealed cabinet subs, although these sacrifice a little depth to achieve a flatter response.

Cpt.Issues

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
That is a good point, I hadn't thought about cabinet designs. With regards to going second hand, I had a good experience last time buying the speakers/amp second hand and collecting in person, sounds like it might be the way to go with the sub too.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

if its for music i would be looking at some second hand REL's, i have had good experiences with them in the past.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts