Subwoofer hum

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:wall: Having a nightmare trying to figure out whats causing a hum in my kef Kube 2 subwoofer.

I discovered the more plugs a disconnect from my tacima mains conditioner the quieter it gets. Also taking out sky HDMI lead from back of amp reduces hum by half but it still is heard.

Iv'e read connecting a thin wire (bell wire) from the amp GND terminal to any screw on the back of the sub could maybe cure it.

Ive tried a loan sub from RS ,2 sub and sub power cables. Tried different sockets,same sockets, sockets in other rooms just can't pin it down please help someone !

Thanks Darren

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You must have an earth somewhere - get on the dog and bone to Kef and ask them.

I have had that before it was caused by the sub interconnect cable causing an earth - but you say you have tried them??

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I solved my humming Kube by attaching an earth lead to my av receiver and connecting it to the earth pin on a 3 pin plug (remove the other pins to avoid any possibilty of a misconnection). Put the plug into the same supply as the Kube. I think the problems lies in the fact that the Kube is earthed and the av recevier is not.

It worked for me. :)

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Crossie said:
I solved my humming Kube by attaching an earth lead to my av receiver and connecting it to the earth pin on a 3 pin plug (remove the other pins to avoid any possibilty of a misconnection). Put the plug into the same supply as the Kube. I think the problems lies in the fact that the Kube is earthed and the av recevier is not.

It worked for me. :)

I did the same for a colleagues Subwoofer, a differemt make but it got rid of the hum instantly. Removing the L & N pins is esential!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts