Subwoofer help, basic stuff only.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hey, I am using the amp as the LFE is set as out, or something.

But tried the other way and its set about halfway between 40hz and 120

Its not clear what half way is as its only marked as dots and they dont go in 10 or 20 intervels between the dots.

Was watching Helboy 2 just now, is most bass from movies and tv shows low, as I do hear the high bits, but they are quite rare.

A

Anonymous

How are the neighbours bearing up?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

The sub is only half way, and my amp turned down to 38 out of 90 and the sub is -5db and i can still hear it upstairs.

Its a weird thing these subs, you can stand in one place and not hear anything, and the next BOOM !!!

The kids are watching aladin, and its shaking.

My neighbours have not knocked yet, but it all gets turned off at 7pm anyway.

I think its getting better with time, even though I only had it for 24 hours

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the big problem when ppl set up subs to have them turned up far to loud and the crossovers wrong - the sub should be subtle if you turn all the speakers off so just the sub is playing you would be surprised how quiet it actually is but when everything is run back in its like wow- subtle is best

with regards to hearing upstairs bass travels a lot further than high frequencies its also normally to have different areas sounding different - my seated position is perfect but if i stand in the door way to my lounge it gets a lot louder and more noticiable guess due to the walls/doorway as my living area is open plan and except for that one spot its perfect but no one sits there so does't matter

you should be able to feel a very gentle rumble most of the time if you put your ear to it also have you set the crossover for all your individule speakers - in my setup i prefer to set all speakers to small and redirect the low frequency from all speakers to my sub

A

Anonymous

Yeh, I heard no real bass when they were set to large, so set to small and the sub went nuts and took over everything.

I have been playing with the settings and subwoofer and got it down to about -5db and 40 on the volume.

I was watching bits of space cowboys at the end when the re-entered, my mouth was open thinking OMG OMG OMG My neighbours are going to FREAK !!!!

What I was trying to do, is hear every bass note and make it go thud,, But realised after turning it down and some minor adjustments, its better on volume 35 not 50, and you get to hear the small bass notes, I never got to hear with my old sub, No wonder why people pay so much for them, they do sound great

Thanks for all your help guys

A

Anonymous

Well, bit of an update.

Watched my first full movie yesterday on it with my mate, and he was gob smacked.

Watched Public enemies and all I can say is wow, on 2 scenes.

when the train pulled up at the station, the sound, sounded like it came from outside, like a jumbo jet landing and then went into the house, , neighbour prob not impressed.. lol

Then when they were in the hotel in the end, and the shot gun blasts into the rooms,,, WOW.

The subwoofer is fine, very fine.

Thanks for your help once again, the sub really changed after being worn in a bit, it sounds garbage for the first few times, then all of a sudden it sounds like a different sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts