Sub under £300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking for a sub under the £300 mark. I was looking at the bk gemini, the mj acoustics pro 50 mk2 or the bk xls200 but prefer the size of the first 2 subs. I have a q acoustics 1000i but this is a terrible sub and the port makes nasty sounds everytime the bass kicks in, would this be solved by going for a non ported box and do they still sound as good?

A

Anonymous

The other subs mentioned are undeniably better than your current sub, but out of interest what are your other electronics?

A

Anonymous

its nothing special just budget gear, technics sl-pg490, technics su-a900mk2, q acoustics 1050i, qed silver xt cable and pure av silver interconnects.

A

Anonymous

I've been a fan of MJÿand BK for a long time. I think your first two choices are fine, and I think you'll struggle to hear the difference between the two correctly set up.

A

Anonymous

I thinjk the bk gemini is a bargain and it comes with the speaker level lead but dont know if it can go as low having a 8inch driver as the mj acoustics which has a 10inch driver, however the mj with the lead is another £130 above the price of the gemini. do you think its worth the extra money?

A

Anonymous

If I were you I'd go with the MJ, IT IS a brilliant sub and around this money you really get what you pay for sub wise. I'm not slagging the BK, it too is a good sub but for £200. Buy the MJ and don't look back.

A

Anonymous

The BK XLS200 wins. Similar size but much more powerful and cheaper than the MJ.

A

Anonymous

does anyone on here have the BK xls200? do you think this may be too powerful to go with my q acoustic floorstanders? also when running this sub with the speaker level lead does it feed off the amplifier power or the internal amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts