Sub to match my KEF IQ5SEs - boring I know !!

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys, searched the forums, but came to no clear conclusion.

I know it's a boring question, but as my missus glares at me when I even mention possible upgrades, I've got to buy the right kit first time so that even she will hopefully notice a difference!

I did pick up that matching brands was less important with subs. I was advised to go with the KEF Kube 2 with these speakers when I bought them. I presently have an old eltax whose driver looks smaller that the KEF IQ5SEs, so I think it's being outdone by the speakers themselves. I see star markings in the WHF reviews, but I also need to know if the sub is 'man' enough for matching the KEFs. Maybe size IS important?

Mostly films viewed, rest of setup is DENON 1910, KEF IQ2c and KEF Coda 7 rears (looking for IQ1s).

£400 is probably my limit on what to buy. So - what should I go for to impress my missus? (apart from not spending anything!!)

thanks

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gimp67, I have the kef iQ5se's / iQ2c and the iQ1's and i bought tthe bk xls200 and think it sounds excellent in my set-up.

panasonic 50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / bk xls200 sub.

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Guys, thanks for the info. Interesting that no-one recommended using KEF's own Kube SW's. Are they no good, or just overpriced?? I know there are a lot of quality units out there, but was keen I bought a SW that did not overwhelm or not add to the soundstage being created by the other speakers.

thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts