Student discount with Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonestar1

Ladies/Gents,

I'm intending to join the hi-fi revolution ;-)

At this moment I'm considering the Mac Mini with an I-pod touch and as my girlfriend is a student (unfortunately a mature one) I was hoping to take advantage of the Apple sudent discount. As she will also be using/listening to it I don't feel too fraudulent :-D I have had a look around the tinterweb and am stuggling to find out how much of a discount this actually is. Reports seem to vary ie anywhere between 10 and 20% and some also say the instore discount is less than the online one. Can anyone confirm how much it actually is?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I bought two Apple's instore while I was a student (iMac) both costing around £1200. I cannot remember exactly how much I got but it was around 10%, nowhere close to 20%, though it was a good few years ago now.

Tonestar1

Cheers Octopo

I was looking to buy one anyway, it was only by chance I came across the student discount, so anything is better than nothing the way I see it. Pretty strong rumours there is a new mac mini to be announced at the Macworld Expo next week :-D My only concern is it will be quite a bit more expensive due to the ridiculously weak pound.

A

Anonymous

The theory was it was being discontinued for a long time, now it seems it may have been a rumour put out by Apple give the new one more impact. I should think it will be a pretty smart little machine, I never did understand why they would discontinue it. If it's not too much more impressive though there will be some good discounts on the old one, get in early! Also check the Mac rumour sites for the latest guesses on the spec of the new one.

Tonestar1

Been on macrumours gizmondo etc already :-D Only thing they all seem to agree on is Nvidia rather than Intel, option to remove the optical drive and replace with an extra hard drive and it will look more in keeping with the rest of the range rather than being all white.

As for cheaper discounted old models I'll certainly be up for those, as you can see by my DV135 and AVR350 ;-D

A

Anonymous

My g/f's a student and has just mentioned seeing leaflets for this. Apparently 5%, so not great but if your buying it anyway then it's not too bad.

A

Anonymous

I am also looking into this, I am a student so I will check when Im in uni next. Apparently you need to be connected to the university network when visiting the apple site to get a quote. I will update you soon on my findings.

serryallen

Jul 20, 2020
Visit site
My g/f's a student and has just mentioned seeing leaflets for this. Apparently 5%, so not great but if your buying it anyway then it's not too bad.

Five percent isn't good enough for the products of the Apple level price... Yes, you should provide a proof you are a student or are connected to university to be eligible for education discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS