Struggling to get an audition

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:wall: :wall: Hi hope you can help.

I come from the Hull area and perhaps due to the recent doom and gloom, most of the hifi stores have disappeared since I bought my last system :boohoo:

I'm currently gutting my house and have a blank canvas, so I can build around my home media :clap:

So, based on info from the magazine and this website my equipment wish list is thus:- Panasonic TX-P55VT30B 55"or 50", Marantz SR5006, B&W MT 25's, I currently own a pair of B&W 602S2's and wondered if I could add a pair of B&W 686's for rear, HTM62 front and PM1 sub.

I'd like airplay and multiroom functions, which the 5006 has, and would like to have another pair of speakers in the kitchen, could I use another pair of M-1's in conjunction with the MT 25 option? :?

I'll also have an iMac in the mix, with a NAS drive and apple TV's

As I mentioned, due to gutting the house, its no problem hard wiring everything.

I know its a lot to ask for my first post!! Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks, Martin

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello Sorry can't help with advice but if its B&W and Marantz your interested in I can tell you that Superfi in Lincoln stock both of these brands. Might be worth going in and having a chat as its not too far from Hull. Fanthorpes in Hull are a good dealer but they do not stock either of these brands. There is also a Panasonic shop in Lincoln which should have the tv that interests you.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I bought my last system from Sevenoaks when they were in Hull and found them VERY helpfull.

I tried Fanthorpes first, wasn't impressed, they weren't familiar with the amp even though they dealt with Marantz and didn't stock B&W. They said they'd look into it, and arrange a set up for me to audition. Never heard from them in 2 weeks and when I called they said they'd lost all my details. Well, thats £3000.00-5000.00 worth of business they obviously don't need!!

I'm thinking I may go to manchester to look at hifi show in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I bought my last system from Sevenoaks when they were in Hull and found them VERY helpfull.

I tried Fanthorpes first, wasn't impressed, they weren't familiar with the amp even though they dealt with Marantz and didn't stock B&W. They said they'd look into it, and arrange a set up for me to audition. Never heard from them in 2 weeks and when I called they said they'd lost all my details. Well, thats £3000.00-5000.00 worth of business they obviously don't need!!

I'm thinking I may go to manchester to look at hifi show in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts