• We’re excited to be up and running and seeing visitors old and new! For those returning, reset your password and you’re good to go! For new members, introduce yourself here. You can also be in with a chance to win a set of Fyne Audio Speakers and try to become a part of our Ultimate Audiophile Playlist here!

Streaming services - what are YOU using?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

anort3

Dec 8, 2019
I did a 3 month trial of Amazon's HD service and I like the idea since I'm heavily invested in the Amazon ecosystem anyway and have had Prime for almost 9 years now. BUT, I like Tidal's interface better and I have years of saved music there. Amazon's slightly lower price isn't enough for me to switch so I'm keeping Tidal for now.

Jukebox Graduate

Feb 8, 2010
I am on Spotify. A colleague at work had the idea of setting up a new playlist every week on a different theme with people contributing one song. It has worked really well with much new music being exposed to all collaborators. Spotify was the choice of service.

DREADZONE

Nov 8, 2009
At the moment I have 3 music streaming subs: (1) googleplay @£7.99 (reduced price because I was an original subscriber) is good for vast catalogue - would discontinue because it is only Standard def, but has quite a few tracks not available from other two; (2) Tidal HiFi @£19.99 - unsure about the assumed improvement in listening experience with Masters: my system unfolds MQA up to 96kHz, and I do notice a nice difference with tracks that were originally mastered well . . . however, Amazon has given me a re-think!; (3) Amazon Music Unlimited HD £14.99 (but currently one month in to enjoying a 3 month free trial) - their HD tracks [CD quality of all material available in CD format] sounds very good, and HD Ultra [= anything above 16bit/44.1kHz, eg 24bit/44.1kHz, 16bit/48kHz up to 24bit/192kHz] sounds brilliant - certainly matching anything I've heard from Tidal Masters. I did a simple listening test with Fleetwood Mac The Chain (2001 Remaster) across both providers and both sounded excellent [the last 90 seconds of this track is a really good test in this genre].
So, jury is out on which to stick with long term; over the coming months I will weigh-up the catalogue merits of each provider. Also, I will examine Tidal's "transparency" with their MQA encoding for Master recordings vs Amazon HD's Ultra offering.
Anyone else compared Tidal HiFi with Amazon Unlimited HD?

Reactions: sonic1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts