Streaming option (on a budget)

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Often people ask here about streaming solutions etc. I am currently looking at a wireless speaker for my bedroom, and in my looking I came across this. I am not recommending it and have no idea about it, but it has a digital out, got great amazon reviews and seems to cover a lot of options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Multiroom-Wireless-Enabler-Allplay-x/dp/B015Q9O32U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482487705&sr=1-1&keywords=kitsound+link

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
muljao said:
Often people ask here about streaming solutions etc. I am currently looking at a wireless speaker for my bedroom, and in my looking I came across this. I am not recommending it and have no idea about it, but it has a digital out, got great amazon reviews and seems to cover a lot of options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Multiroom-Wireless-Enabler-Allplay-x/d...

Here's a very good value wireless and Bluetooth multi room wireless speaker from Panasonic .... Only £89 .... clicky

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
tino said:
muljao said:

Here's a very good value wireless and Bluetooth multi room wireless speaker from Panasonic .... Only £89 .... clicky
Looks sweet. Do you have one and care to give your onion please?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
tino said:
muljao said:

Thanks tino. It looks exactly what I'm looking for. Have just bought it on your recommendation, I'll let ye know how it goes

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:

I don't have one so can't give an opinion although I did mess around with one in John Lewis. I liked the fact that it was both Wifi and Bluetooth and you can stand it vertically or horizontally. It sounded pretty good (probably on a par with a Sonos Play 1) and at that price it's a steal. The speaker supports the Qualcomm AllPlay standard which means you can mix and match devices from other manufacturers if you build a multi-room solution.

Here's a link to a review that is extremely favourable ... clicky

On another note, I find that the main high street stores sometimes do very good offers which are considerably better than the usual suspects (Amazon / eBay) so worth checking them out.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
tino said:
drummerman said:

I don't have one so can't give an opinion although I did mess around with one in John Lewis. I liked the fact that it was both Wifi and Bluetooth and you can stand it vertically or horizontally. It sounded pretty good (probably on a par with a Sonos Play 1) and at that price it's a steal. The speaker supports the Qualcomm AllPlay standard which means you can mix and match devices from other manufacturers if you build a multi-room solution.

On another note, I find that the main high street stores sometimes do very good offers which are considerably better than the usual suspects (Amazon / eBay) so worth checking them out.
I'm happy with all the functionality I can get, but as long as it sounds good and looks good (its kind of a bit furniture in the bedroom) I'm happy. It seems to get favourable reviews even at a higher price. I'd be happy to stick a CCA in the aux and work away, but I'll certainly play with and try figure out its functionality As for high street dealers, I am in Ireland and it's not so easy to get stuff here. A lot of dealers don't post here. Luckily I have a system set up with anpost (Irish postal service) that enables a UK address. This works for a lot, but even then, some dealers wont accept that as a legit address

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
tino said:
drummerman said:

Just as a follow up because you originally linked me to this. It isa great piece of kit at 90 pounds. I cannot commecnt or compare it to a Sonos Play 1 which seems to be a direct competitor (given size and rrp), but as a speaker in my bedroom it looks and sound great. Thanks

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
muljao said:
Just as a follow up because you originally linked me to this. It is a great piece of kit at 90 pounds. I cannot comment or compare it to a Sonos Play 1 which seems to be a direct competitor (given size and rrp), but as a speaker in my bedroom it looks and sound great. Thanks
Great to hear that it worked out and at such a good price. Happy listening! *music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts