• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Streaming option (on a budget)

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
Often people ask here about streaming solutions etc. I am currently looking at a wireless speaker for my bedroom, and in my looking I came across this. I am not recommending it and have no idea about it, but it has a digital out, got great amazon reviews and seems to cover a lot of options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Multiroom-Wireless-Enabler-Allplay-x/dp/B015Q9O32U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482487705&sr=1-1&keywords=kitsound+link
 

tino

Well-known member
Sep 29, 2011
135
10
18,595
muljao said:
Often people ask here about streaming solutions etc. I am currently looking at a wireless speaker for my bedroom, and in my looking I came across this. I am not recommending it and have no idea about it, but it has a digital out, got great amazon reviews and seems to cover a lot of options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Multiroom-Wireless-Enabler-Allplay-x/d...
Here's a very good value wireless and Bluetooth multi room wireless speaker from Panasonic .... Only £89 .... clicky
 

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
tino said:
muljao said:
Often people ask here about streaming solutions etc. I am currently looking at a wireless speaker for my bedroom, and in my looking I came across this. I am not recommending it and have no idea about it, but it has a digital out, got great amazon reviews and seems to cover a lot of options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Multiroom-Wireless-Enabler-Allplay-x/d...
Here's a very good value wireless and Bluetooth multi room wireless speaker from Panasonic .... Only £89 .... clicky
Looks sweet. Do you have one and care to give your onion please?
 

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
tino said:
muljao said:
Often people ask here about streaming solutions etc. I am currently looking at a wireless speaker for my bedroom, and in my looking I came across this. I am not recommending it and have no idea about it, but it has a digital out, got great amazon reviews and seems to cover a lot of options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KitSound-Multiroom-Wireless-Enabler-Allplay-x/d...
Here's a very good value wireless and Bluetooth multi room wireless speaker from Panasonic .... Only £89 .... clicky
Thanks tino. It looks exactly what I'm looking for. Have just bought it on your recommendation, I'll let ye know how it goes
 

tino

Well-known member
Sep 29, 2011
135
10
18,595
drummerman said:
Looks sweet. Do you have one and care to give your onion please?
I don't have one so can't give an opinion although I did mess around with one in John Lewis. I liked the fact that it was both Wifi and Bluetooth and you can stand it vertically or horizontally. It sounded pretty good (probably on a par with a Sonos Play 1) and at that price it's a steal. The speaker supports the Qualcomm AllPlay standard which means you can mix and match devices from other manufacturers if you build a multi-room solution.

Here's a link to a review that is extremely favourable ... clicky

On another note, I find that the main high street stores sometimes do very good offers which are considerably better than the usual suspects (Amazon / eBay) so worth checking them out.
 

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
tino said:
drummerman said:
Looks sweet. Do you have one and care to give your onion please?
I don't have one so can't give an opinion although I did mess around with one in John Lewis. I liked the fact that it was both Wifi and Bluetooth and you can stand it vertically or horizontally. It sounded pretty good (probably on a par with a Sonos Play 1) and at that price it's a steal. The speaker supports the Qualcomm AllPlay standard which means you can mix and match devices from other manufacturers if you build a multi-room solution.

Here's a link to a review that is extremely favourable ... clicky

On another note, I find that the main high street stores sometimes do very good offers which are considerably better than the usual suspects (Amazon / eBay) so worth checking them out.
I'm happy with all the functionality I can get, but as long as it sounds good and looks good (its kind of a bit furniture in the bedroom) I'm happy. It seems to get favourable reviews even at a higher price. I'd be happy to stick a CCA in the aux and work away, but I'll certainly play with and try figure out its functionality As for high street dealers, I am in Ireland and it's not so easy to get stuff here. A lot of dealers don't post here. Luckily I have a system set up with anpost (Irish postal service) that enables a UK address. This works for a lot, but even then, some dealers wont accept that as a legit address
 

muljao

New member
Jul 18, 2016
154
0
0
tino said:
drummerman said:
Looks sweet. Do you have one and care to give your onion please?
I don't have one so can't give an opinion although I did mess around with one in John Lewis. I liked the fact that it was both Wifi and Bluetooth and you can stand it vertically or horizontally. It sounded pretty good (probably on a par with a Sonos Play 1) and at that price it's a steal. The speaker supports the Qualcomm AllPlay standard which means you can mix and match devices from other manufacturers if you build a multi-room solution.

Here's a link to a review that is extremely favourable ... clicky

On another note, I find that the main high street stores sometimes do very good offers which are considerably better than the usual suspects (Amazon / eBay) so worth checking them out.
Just as a follow up because you originally linked me to this. It isa great piece of kit at 90 pounds. I cannot commecnt or compare it to a Sonos Play 1 which seems to be a direct competitor (given size and rrp), but as a speaker in my bedroom it looks and sound great. Thanks
 

tino

Well-known member
Sep 29, 2011
135
10
18,595
muljao said:
Just as a follow up because you originally linked me to this. It is a great piece of kit at 90 pounds. I cannot comment or compare it to a Sonos Play 1 which seems to be a direct competitor (given size and rrp), but as a speaker in my bedroom it looks and sound great. Thanks
Great to hear that it worked out and at such a good price. Happy listening! *music2*
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts