Streaming from itunes to portable DAB/internet radio

edplaysdrums42

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi All

Can anyone reccomend a good portable DAB/internet radio that has an input that i can plug an airport express into or which has airplay built it. I basically want replace my kitchen DAB with one i can stream music to from my imac.

Any thoughts or opinions will be gratefully received

Cheers Ed

edplaysdrums42

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'll have a look at the squeezebox radio but i'll probably wait until an AirPlay enabled DAB/internet portable comes out (there may be one already).

Cheers Ed

A

Anonymous

dont wait round in my opinion airplay speakers are taking there time coming out as it is let alone a airplay enabled portable system remeber you have to be connected to wifi for airplay to work so if its a portable your after might be worth looking in to a bluetooth dock!

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I use a Phillips Streamium for internet radio and streaming music off my NAS. Can control it via touchscreen or phone app.

As it has wireless dlna u dont need an airport express. Just download a free dlna server for your mac.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
edplaysdrums42

Just load Elgato EyeConnect onto your Mac, and then (provided both it and the kitchen internet radio are on the same wireless network) you can access all your music stored on the Mac via the internet radio. EyeConnect, which also streams video, can be downloaded as a free trial, and when the trial runs out you lose the video capability unless you pay, but it'll keep on streaming audio, which is all you need.

As for kitchen internet radios, I've had good service from a Revo Pico RS, which we use at home in our bathroom running on its built-in rechargeable battery. And if it can survive that kind of humidity, should be fine in a kitchen, where of course you can also run it from the mains.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts