Stream from aries mini to active speakers in another room?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

I am using an aries mini as streamer for my stereo system in my living room, is there anyway i could use active speakers in the room next to my living room with the stream from aries mini?. The active speakers could then find the stream from my aries mini? So it would be somehow multiroom?

Enjoy the sunday good folks!!

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
How are your current speakers connected?

Unless ive misunderstood how the Aries works, you'd be connected to your home network and should be able to connect speakers anywhere else on that network.

They are passive speakers connected to my amp and playing via the aries mini.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Chr78 said:
nopiano said:

Unless ive misunderstood how the Aries works, you'd be connected to your home network and should be able to connect speakers anywhere else on that network.  

Which breed of actives are you talking about? Std active monitors only take an analog input but some take a digital input. But if its wireless you after then maybe(have not checked) the dynaudio wireless actives may work but not sure if it is compatible with aries

Chr78 said:
nopiano said:

And how is the Aries connected to the amp? Regular phono plug analogue connections?

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Which breed of actives are you talking about? Std active monitors only take an analog input but some take a digital input. But if its wireless you after then maybe(have not checked) the dynaudio wireless actives may work but not sure if it is compatible with aries.

To get a feed from the Aries mini to active speakers in another room, will require either.....

a physical wired link, from the Aries mini's digital, or analogue outputs (depending on what form the receiving active speakers require) to the next room, or....

a means to wirelessly transmit the Aries output, to the other room. The Aries cannot do this on its own though, so some type of intermediary will be needed.

Dynaudio can provide such a wireless link, if using their active wireless speakers (Xeo or Focus XD ranges). The Aries mini can be connected to and feed a Dynaudio Hub or Connect module, which will then transmit a wireless digital signal to the active wireless speakers in the other room.

Other options might be Powerline adapters, or Sonos components.

z

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Which model actives are you looking at?

Your amp may have pre outs that may be better to use but if you using the aries as a pre then bare in mind that the aries has no physical volume knob so has to be done via an app. No problem unless you your app is very sensitive and goes full volume by accident.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The Dynaudio setup mentioned above would work fine but is an expensive option, cheapest would be a pair of XEO 2 with a Connect Hub, about £1500 all in. Bigger and better XEO and Focus models will cost more.

They have the advantage of full remote control on the speakers so volume settings etc are easy, hard to see a sensible alternative unless you use a Sonos network with a Connect driving your active speakers.

One final thought, on an entirely different level, the JBL Control Wireless will give you what you need for just £69 from Maplins. They were £169 or thereabouts and are now discontinued and being run out, hence the low price. The newer Control X are no better and cost more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts