Strange alternative set up?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some informed advice from someone.

I currently have my TV, DVD, AUX going into a broken amp which comes through one channel, which I am desperate to change. However I have no budget to spend on this. As luck would have it, my father in-law bought me a new guitar amp in a bid to get me to start playing again.

The Amp is a Kustom Arrow 16DFX with a CD input (http://www.music123.com/Kustom-Arrow-16DFX-Practice-Guitar-Amplifier-480838-i1172523.Music123)

I was wondering, if i were to buy a pre-amp. Could I potentially use this Guitar Amp via the CD input to run my TV, DVD, etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

K

T

the record spot

Is no budget literally £0 or can you stretch to £100 (or even save that amount) - this will get you something not too shabby. OK, it won't the last word, but it'll get you up and running. Check the independent dealers online and see what they have. It'll be a hunt, but something is very definately out there. Sadly, it will cost you at least some cash!

A

Anonymous

the record spot:Is no budget literally £0 or can you stretch to £100 (or even save that amount) - this will get you something not too shabby. OK, it won't the last word, but it'll get you up and running. Check the independent dealers online and see what they have. It'll be a hunt, but something is very definately out there. Sadly, it will cost you at least some cash!

For £100, you could look at greenhomeelectronics.co.uk and then check their products - speakers £40 and then £40 for the amp and £20 for the wires.

T

the record spot

If you can rustle up £65, I'll send you my no longer used sitting in the spare room Arcam Alpha 5 amp - CD, tuner, aux, and phono - that price includes postage. About 12 years old, but unused for virtually practically the last 7 or 8 years, it's in decent shape. I just need to check everything still works okay, but it'll be a good starter for you.

Let me know what you think. I won't be offended if you don't want it! Nice sound - quite weighty, but with a good warm balance and not at the expense of detail. I used mine with a pair of Mission 751s and later 733i and it drove them without a hitch. Later upgraded the amp and hence it's been spare ever since. As I say, have a think but I'm sure we can sort something out. It'll be going on Ebay soon and hopefully the way of my old Mimik (i.e. sold quickly!).

(Cheque or PayPal is good, but if paying by the latter, you need to add the 5% or so to cover the fee).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts