still way behind

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just took my b&w 685s off my pioneer lx71 av amp and wired them up to my new astintrew amp and leema cd and the difference is unbelievable and just shows me how far av amps are at producing quality sound with cd and movies. and ok im running them through some expensive kit (well it is too me) but the pioneer and pioneer blu ray are also exspensive(again too me)but the difference is like meeting your local vicar(which im sure is pleasent and after that meeting jesus. so bit miffed about my av gear but over the moon with the 683s and ive got four of the little gems(only wired to those as my ATCsc 11 arent here yet)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
nokz:just took my b&w 685s off my pioneer lx71 av amp and wired them up to my new astintrew amp and leema cd and the difference is unbelievable and just shows me how far av amps are at producing quality sound with cd and movies. and ok im running them through some expensive kit (well it is too me) but the pioneer and pioneer blu ray are also exspensive(again too me)but the difference is like meeting your local vicar(which im sure is pleasent and after that meeting jesus. so bit miffed about my av gear but over the moon with the 683s and ive got four of the little gems(only wired to those as my ATCsc 11 arent here yet)

I bet your Pioneer is better with stereo than your Asintrew amp is with HD audio, hdmi switching and upscaling!

A

Anonymous

no just that sonically technology is still far behind in making an av amp thats as good as a dedicated source with cd

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
nokz:no just that sonically technology is still far behind in making an av amp thats as good as a dedicated source with cd

that's because they are designed, primarily for the home cinema brigade. It's fairly obvious that most 2 channel fans would have either two separate systems or just a stereo set up. It's like moaning that a DVD player is not as good as a CD player with CDs or a powerful sports car not getting 50 miles to the gallon and having a small boot.

A

Anonymous

then they shouldent big up there cd soundstage and what hifi shouldent make them a 5 star product as they are not judging its full uses

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
nokz:then they shouldent big up there cd soundstage and what hifi shouldent make them a 5 star product as they are not judging its full uses

The full use of an AV amp is home cinema, that's what they're judged on, if an AV amp is any good with stereo then it's a bonus, nobody's trying to pretend anything else. You want the best stereo reproduction, buy a stereo amp.

It's not rocket science.

A

Anonymous

its not rocket science that an av amp with a cd setting or radio setting in my case isnt just for av at all

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
nokz:its not rocket science that an av amp with a cd setting or radio setting in my case isnt just for av at all

Yes, but it's only there as a bonus. If you're really serious about it you'll buy a separate 2-channel amp, as you've done.

What exactly do you expect? It's long been said that an AV amp is only going to be as good with music as a 2-channel amp costing about 1/3 of the price, the WHF staff have been telling people that for years.

A

Anonymous

its not there as a bonus its an integrated av amp having cd playability(is that a word?)is a selling point although admitedlly a rubbish one

TRENDING THREADS