Still far from deciding on sources....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
chebby:

I think I like John's CA 650BD suggestion best so far. (Doesn't even need a seperate DAC.)

Of course it doesn't stream music files, but OTOH it plays anything you can get on any disc.

Keeps it all under one lid.

Another way of keeping it simple(r) is the Audiolab 8200CD DAC + CD player.

However, you will still need a seperate BD/DVD player for movies. (Or BD/DVD recorder if you want Freeview HD and a built in HDD and a replacement for your tuner by listening to Freeview radio.)

The Audiolab + BD/DVD player option is twice as expensive as the CA 650BD and is two boxes towards filling up the bungalow again.

The Audiolab and Cambridge route isn't really the answer. I will still need to buy discs.... and I've totally ruled out the Audiolab because it won't match, sonically, with the Leema (unless someone tells me otherwise). Same appiles to the Cambridge. So I need a way to play my existing discs and to stream and archive future music.

John Duncan

chebby:Of course it doesn't stream music files

Unless you plug a hard drive full of 'em into one of the two USB slots...
emotion-2.gif

(only wma and mp3 though, sadly)

JohnDuncan:plastic penguin:I've totally ruled out the Audiolab because it won't match, sonically, with the Leema (unless someone tells me otherwise). Same appiles to the Cambridge How do you know?

I don't for sure - reading reviews on both gives me a pretty good idea. As I mentioned yesterday, I'll listen to the Cambridge nearer the time and assess how it stacks up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts