Stereo streaming solution for a 38m2 living room?

palle22

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi

I'm looking for a streaming solution for a 38m2 living room.

It has to be wifi, not bluetooth, and I'm not interested in smart-functions. Most important is the sound quality. I would like stereo.

I am looking at a stereo pair of Sonos One SL, but are there any better alternatives within a price range of $1000?

Maybe something that can be partly controlled on the speaker, for instance with preset internet radio channels, so that I don't have to pull out my phone every time I wish to listen to a song?

I hope you are able to help me.

Best regards from Denmark

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Sonos is great, but depending on what you are going to be using as a source, you may be able to get better. Are you streaming your own lossless FLAC files from a computer/hard drive, or streaming Spotify from the internet?

a little more info might help us to give you better advise

Reactions: palle22

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of Sonos Ones and they comfortably fill our basement (which is a similar size). You say audio quality is important - do you want Hi Res? The Sonos still doesn’t support Hi Res streaming services. I play Qobuz through mine and the CD streams are excellent

A room your size, and with your budget, will not easily be filled with a typical Hifi system. Sonos systems and their kin can be very enjoyable, but I wonder if the Dali wireless speakers I’ve recently seen are in budget in Denmark? Unfortunately I don’t know much about them. It looks, at a glance, like they start as a Bluetooth but can be upgraded to WiFi.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
So none of that is particularly high quality, certainly nothin higher resolution. I would think a Sonos based system would work really nicely, and gives you lots of flexibility moving forward to extend the system too.

I have heard a pair of Sonos5’s sound amazing as a stereo pair in a medium sized room, certainly you won’t need to go any louder than that can manage

Reactions: Niallivm

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
A pair of Sonos Fives retail for $998 and will fill a square room even better than the Ones. I’d suggest you trial the latter first though as much depends on the shape of the room (my basement is a similar area but only 4.5m wide - the Ones are sufficient in the listening end).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts