Hi guys

I am getting bit confused between av reciever and stereo reciever .I am entry in hifi and just want to get some decent stereo plus sub. with features like wifi bluetooth ,sub OUT tv or bluray IN .i have checked speakers like Q Acoustics 2020i or similair. just instance

Think is a proper stereo reiever at that features cost me up to 500 pounds..either a av reciever cost less how is stereo is it wirtg to buy

Thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
A stereo amplfier will just, er, amplify your 2-cahnnel sound source to play through your loudspeakers.

A lot of amplifiers nowadays have built-in DACs, network and bluetooth connectivity to take the hassle of out of play-back from anything other than "old fashioned" CDs.

A receiver used to be an amplifier with a built-in radio tuner as well, but these days generally means an amplifier / receiver capable of processing surround sound signals of various formats and outputting them to up to 11 different speakers.

Surround sound receivers have to have the chips and the power amplfiers built in for all of their channels, and so IMHO the money gets spread a little thinner than on a 2-channel stereo amplifier of the same price. Most people, I think, still say stereo amplifiers for music, receivers for surround sound, but the difference in sound quality is reducing to the point where some, not all by any means, receivers sound almost as good as good old fashioned stereo amplifiers.

Your best bet is to decide on your priority - music (stereo amplifier) or movies (surround sound receiver), and then shop around for the amplifer or receiver that fits your needs and your budget.

Thanks

I would say i am more into a stereo and there is no need and sense for me to have a several speakers for surround .just want a decent audio with a capability to conect usb/ Tv /Bl player and have some wireless tech. or just play some radio .Could you pleas throw me some samples.

Thank you

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Need to know this please and what sort of room / environment you'll be using the setup in, but something like the Onkyo A-9050 amplifier or TX-8140 receiver, similar models from Yamaha, possibly Cambridge Audio, Marantz, etc. would be good entry level bets.

500 quid should buy you a pretty decent sounding, well-featured amp or receiver these days. Go somewhere like Richer Sounds or Sevenoaks and tell them your budget and favourite music styles and the'll point you in the right direction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts