Stereo Amp with HT switch for a pair of B&W 684`s or 683`s

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Could i get some help please I am looking for a Stereo Amp with a HT switch so I can use the pre-outs from my AV amp. The amp needs to pair well with a pair of B&W speakers I currently have 685`s but I will be upgrading to some 684`s or 683`s.

Thanks

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Leehallam said:
Could i get some help please I am looking for a Stereo Amp with a HT switch so I can use the pre-outs from my AV amp. The amp needs to pair well with a pair of B&W speakers I currently have 685`s but I will be upgrading to some 684`s or 683`s.

Thanks

Why with a HT switch, is that not limiting the choice?

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I Still need to play my av amp through the same speakers so my understanding was I needed a HT by pass for this to work.

Lee

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I play my AV amp through my Integrated and power amp. I did the original set up with the integrated at 10 o'clock and make sure it's set at 10 o'clock each time before using in AV mode. Slight pencil mark on dial and body which is easy to see but not noticeable from a distance and my amp is black.
It's probably easier with HT bypass but why limit your choice.
Some people set their's up at 12 0'clock but when you go back to hifi mode and forget to turn it down (which you will) it's deafening. You might spill yer beer.

My wife and son when he was at home have never had a problem with our system and it gets used every night, the wife's probably watching Coro through it now which is why I'm upstairs on the laptop.

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
thank I understand now that give me some more options now.

What would be a goog fit for B&W speakers.

1. Roksan Kandy K2 with K2 power amp bi-amped to the speakers.

2. Roksan Caspian M2 intergrated (could not afford the power amp as well)

3. Rotel 1520.

Any help appreciated

naughty573

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
you dont need the HT bypass for it to work but it does cut down on the number of volume pots you have to use to get the levels correct

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts