Starting out - Amp/Speakers + Future Sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey There :) Posted a while back, unfortunately due to money having to go on things like rent, food etc. I've not been able to scrape any money together for a system, however just got a job while I'm at uni so i'll be getting some more disposable income in the near future so I'm on the look again.

Budget - £300-350 (Being more realistic)

Purpose - Replacing my Logitech Z-2300's 2.1 - Listening to music/games - Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock.

Room - 2.4m x 2.3m

The kit I'm looking at is this.

Amplifier - Yamaha AS500 - has a subwoofer output, has enough power for speakers I think

Speakers - Q Acoustics 2020 / Wharfedale Diamond 9.1/10.0/10.1/10.2 - Not sure of the difference between the Diamonds. Just like something with decent bass & mid since my 2300 satalites are quite tinny and NEED the sub to produce any sort of low/low mid end sounds.

Subwoofer - Wharfedale Diamond Subwoofer SD10 (10inch 75W) - Not entirely sure, just seen one going cheap, not much power but could deal with it for the price for a bit till I could afford a 200-400w one.

So, is that a realistic look? I've seen the AS500 for about £200-250, and the speakers for £100ish. Sub isn't NEEDED right now, so I'm not including that in the budget :)

Any other suggestions that'd be better for the money, or a bit cheaper with the same level of performance?

A

Anonymous

Should probably say this - can't see an edit button!

Music will be from my Computer or iPhone. MP3's @ 256-320 usually, or games.

My Motherboard has Optical, Coxacial or standard 7.1 analogue audio out. I'll get a DAC in future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts