Speakers: KEF IQ5 & IQ6c
Sub: Wharfdale Sw150

Covers On

DSC00798.jpg

Covers Off

DSC00799.jpg

Inc Sub
DSC00800.jpg

It's a start, now the HD battle has finished I can start to look at HD TV's and sources.

A

Anonymous

What's your opinion on the IQ5's and the Centre. I have a Yamaha 759SE and am looking for some resonable floorstanders and a new decent centre to replace my feeble Gale Centre 10 (urrgghh, i can barely even say it)

Does it work well with a good rounded sound, as the Yamaha's can have quite a bright sound from what i've seen and heard.

A

Anonymous

Arrrrrggghhh, bejesus!

A CRT!

Behold the wonder of huge televisions!

andyblade

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
I really like the IQ5's (mine aren't the SE versions though), they sound great, but I would admit I felt that the addition of the sub was necessary (The SW150 is so much fun, you just can't help turning it up).The IQ6c is a recent addition so I'm just getting used to it (also it will need some time to bed in, the IQ5's did). I used Sin City to test out the centre, the sound is really great, and dialogue really shows what you get by adding a centre. I'd probable recommend teaming the IQ6c instead of the IQ2c with the IQ5's as I think it's gives a better fit.

Piper : Huge TV, small screen (28"). We will probable have to wait until the CRT dies before getting a HD (can't justify getting rid of a working TV), so were inviting any friends with small children round, in the hope one will stick some toast in it ;)

A

Anonymous

I tell you...some of the old Crt's still give a cracking picture. And they wip most lcd and some plasma's for watching footie. Although obviously not HD Content though. My parents still have my old CRT TV and sometimes I wonder why I got rid of it in such haste.
Oh yeh I remember....IT WAS FRICKIN HUGE!!! LOL, took up a whole corner of the room and more.

A

Anonymous

Oh... and in the daytime it came in handy as a large 28 inch mirror!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts