Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] available to pre-order

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And there's us, battling with rubbish wi-fi here in the US, where we saw the announcement live with stormtroopers
emotion-2.gif

News going live any minute now. Overloaded CES network permitting....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Original version, messed-up version or really messed-up version? And really, do we need I-III, with their wooden dialogue and even worse portentous acting?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:
I think you'll find that's 'Portman'.

If only she were the only culprit: but then, given dialogue apparently written by a 15 year old who thinks he is Saying Very Important Things, some of them may be excused.

A

Anonymous

They will be half that price by Christmas so I think I'll wait.
emotion-1.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:

On Amazon. Just pre-ordered mine.
emotion-21.gif

Releasing September 2011.

Hope you'll remember you've ordered it by then.....or I guess it'll be a lovely surprise through the letterbox!!!

Pistol Pete1:bigboss:

On Amazon. Just pre-ordered mine.
emotion-21.gif

Releasing September 2011.

Hope you'll remember you've ordered it by then.....or I guess it'll be a lovely surprise through the letterbox!!!

The worry is, that I may forget that I've pre-ordered it, & pre-order it again!! It's a good job that Amazon reminds us on top of the product page that we've already ordered or pre-ordered something.
emotion-2.gif

I must admit that I've not seen any Star Wars movie before (took studies too seriously in my student years I guess!). My OH has seen them, & according to her, I cannot not ever watch it, although some of the parts were not that great.

Clare Newsome:
And there's us, battling with rubbish wi-fi here in the US, where we saw the announcement live with stormtroopers
emotion-2.gif

News going live any minute now. Overloaded CES network permitting....

Hey hey, beat you to it!!
emotion-2.gif

Amazon is pretty quick with these things, & prominently displayed it on their front page, probably at the time when it was being announced at the CES.

D

Deleted member 2457

£70 seems alot to me, i think i am going to wait for it to come down abit
emotion-21.gif

I only really watch Return Of The Jedi.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Original version, messed-up version or really messed-up version? And really, do we need I-III, with their wooden dialogue and even worse portentous acting?
Complaining about the dialogue in Star Wars is like complaining about the special effects in a Woody Allen movie. I never watched the original star wars films when they were released so saw 1 & 2 before I saw 4,5 and 6 and to be honest, I don't think the first 3 are any that bad All 6 are verbally clunky but that was never the point. I find the claimed superiority of 4-6 is mainly based on nostalgia - most people saw these films as teenagers and they are bound to feel differently about indifferently scripted space opera when they grow up. My children like all of them (apart from 3 which is too depressing) and they are surely the target audience.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:There are 6 films in it, which comes to less than 12 quid per film....

I have just been checking it out, i might just order the 3 i watch or order the lot and then see what happens, after all it is just a pre-order we can cancel in the future if we want too
emotion-21.gif

I just think look what happened with Back To The Future, that was full price and now you can have that for £18, only a month or two after it has come out and we don't know how good these are going to be.

Any word on the soundtracks?

Cheers

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hot off the press:

The Star Wars saga is being released on Blu Ray in September this year, with all films being theatrically re-released in 3D, in 2012.

Three versions are being released, to please all Star Wars fans tastes and wallets:

1. The Complete Saga (all six films),

2. The Original prequels

3. The three Sequels

The idea of post-production 3D doesn't interest me, but seeing the original trilogy in 1080p does

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
hammill:Andrew Everard:Original version, messed-up version or really messed-up version? And really, do we need I-III, with their wooden dialogue and even worse portentous acting?
Complaining about the dialogue in Star Wars is like complaining about the special effects in a Woody Allen movie. I never watched the original star wars films when they were released so saw 1 & 2 before I saw 4,5 and 6 and to be honest, I don't think the first 3 are any that bad All 6 are verbally clunky but that was never the point. I find the claimed superiority of 4-6 is mainly based on nostalgia

No it's based on the fact that, apart from Ep IV, George Lucas didn't direct the original trilogy. The directors who did had the sense to give the actors a little leeway with the dialogue, which, according to Ewan MacGregor and Liam Neeson, is something Lucas didn't do when he made the new films, instead of giving them the script and letting them get on with it, his control-freakery extended to the point of telling the actors exactly how they had to say each line, the inflection, the pacing, everything, the actors had to repeat the words exactly how he said them or he made them do it again until they did.

My children like all of them (apart from 3 which is too depressing)

Oh for goodness sake, it isn't saying much but III's easily the best of the new films, it's the only one with any real darkness in it.

and they are surely the target audience.

You'd have to ask George that.

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:gel:I only really watch Return Of The Jedi. You don't watch Empire Strikes Back? There really is no (New) Hope for you... Arf! See what I did there?

emotion-1.gif

On occasions but after owning the dvd collection which was and is still very good the only one i seemed to watch in the end was Return Of The Jedi, so i sold the lot for about £25 on ebay (£40 including 1-3, which i agree 3 was easily the best), about the time i got my blu ray player but have since bought Return OF The Jedi again for £5 from HMV.

Still under decided what to do here.

You just got Back To The Future for a great price
emotion-21.gif
, might try and do something similar here.

Cheers

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
gel:
the_lhc:gel:I only really watch Return Of The Jedi. You don't watch Empire Strikes Back? There really is no (New) Hope for you... Arf! See what I did there?

emotion-1.gif

On occasions but after owning the dvd collection which was and is still very good the only one i seemed to watch in the end was Return Of The Jedi, so i sold the lot for about £25 on ebay (£40 including 1-3, which i agree 3 was easily the best), about the time i got my blu ray player but have since bought Return OF The Jedi again for £5 from HMV.

Still under decided what to do here.

You just got Back To The Future for a great price
emotion-21.gif
, might try and do something similar here.

Cheers

Dude I will be suprised if the Star Wars Bluray boxset will come down in price for at least the first 6 months. It's George Lucas!! The biggest fattest money grabbing ewok there is!!
emotion-2.gif
Once he does then the 3D version will be out, then the Super HD 3D version with extra jedi force edition will be out!!

I would rather have the Indy trilogy personally. But i will be buying the first 3, last three
emotion-7.gif
you know what I mean!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts