Standalone DAB with good reception?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a standalone DAB radio to use in an area of the house that doesn't seem to have good reception.

I've previously used a Roberts 'Revival' there and it's OKish but some days does cut out presumably when it loses reception. I've since moved it to the kitchen at the back of the house and it doesn't drop out at all.

Absolute sound quality isn't as important - mostly used for listening to football commentary when I'm banished from the living room!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a tough one - the Roberts Revival has one of the best DAB receivers around. The only standalone DAB that springs to mind that locks onto stations even more effectively is Tivoli's Songbook 100 DAB - but that's incredibly pricey (@£250), and the rest of the performance doesn't justify such a premium.

Do you have a wi-fi network in your house? If so, maybe an internet radio is the answer instead - even more selection of stations and no reception problems....

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I had a similar problem with poor DAB reception in my kitchen, but solved it by installing a Pure Digital Evoke 1-XT (£100) which did the trick.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"] It's a tough one - the Roberts Revival has one of the best DAB receivers around.
[/quote] Thanks - while it's nice to know I've got one of the best it does mean that DAB's not really on for that bit of the house

[quote user="Clare Newsome"] Do you have a wi-fi network in your house? If so, maybe an internet radio is the answer instead - even more selection of stations and no reception problems....
[/quote] Yep, we've got a wireless network - I'll have a look at internet radios then. Any that spring to mind? (something that looks good, sounds great but doesn't cost too much
emotion-2.gif
)

A

Anonymous

We have bad FM reception in our house but at the weekend bought a Pure Evoke-2XT and have great DAB reception from the built-in aerial - signal quality of c.80 is common.

We have an external aerial point as well but haven't felt the need to use it as yet. Have noticed some interference on some channels (like LBC) when using the lights in the kitchen (they're on a dimmer).

Would recommend the Pure.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS