Standalone Blu Ray or PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to find the best way to play Blu Ray through my AV Amp (Denon 4308), i am looking at either a standalone Blu Ray (Denon 2500BT) or a PS3. My reasoning is as follows but i would like to hear other people thoughts on this before i decide.

I am looking towards the PS3 becuase i can stream blu ray content from my pc to the ps3 and then i think through the denon amp.

Can i benefit from full hd sound this way and how is it done, i believe the ps3 has a hdmi.

If i can download Blu Ray films direct to my PC (Legally) where can i do this from.

Although the Denon 2500bt is superb i feel it is going to be VERY expensive replacing some of my current favourite films in Blu Ray.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Forget streaming Blu-Ray films - it can't realistically be done at this stage (10/03/09). You want a Blu-Ray player, so if the Denon 2500BT is a consideration to you, then take a serious look at it. But it doesn't compare with a PS3 and by that I mean a PS3 is nowhere near as good. Without any offence to the PS3 (in fact, personally I am a massive fan of the console), but you should only get a PS3 if you want to play games and watch Blu-Ray films (and do other things like stream content to your TV like photos, music and videos and everything else the PS3 does).

But if you only want to watch Blu-Ray films, buy the Denon because it's a proper dedicated Blu-Ray player and, unsurprisingly at double / triple the price, it is better!

There's no shame in either and, you're really comparing apples with oranges. So just go with the one you prefer - there's plenty of dedicated Blu-Ray players which embarrass the PS3 at less than the RRP, but if you're a gamer, the PS3 is absolutely, without question, the best answer to all your queries.

A

Anonymous

A dedicated blu-ray player in the same price category will undoubtedly be better than the PS3 for watching blu-ray movies.

A separates home cinema system consisting of a blu-ray player, av amp and speakers will always be better than all all-in-one system.

The same goes for music - a dedicated cd player will always be better than playing cd's on your dvd or blu-ray player.

A

Anonymous

I have the same dilema.

Already have the Pana 50 pz81 Screen
Onkyo 606 amp
B&W MT30 speakers
also a playstation 3

Cracking images and a fast machine, but do I upgrade to a dedicated BD Player

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts